DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please help! Error after interrupted firmware update

Yannie

Reactions
upload_2018-2-18_12-46-36.png upload_2018-2-18_12-49-40.png upload_2018-2-18_12-28-13.png upload_2018-2-18_12-31-3.png upload_2018-2-18_12-31-59.png upload_2018-2-18_12-50-12.png Please help. I accidentally interrupted a firmware update. Now the drone just does this:

See video:

I tried connecting to DJI Assistant 2:

View attachment 31616 and I get

Shortly thereafter it comes up with this:
View attachment 31618

when I try to update to the latest firmware, it downloads the update, transmits the update, but fails at 24% of the final stage of the update:
View attachment 31606

I tried to do a factory reset via DJI Assistant 2 and I get this:

View attachment 31625

I then tried to update the firmware via DUMLDore, and I get this message:
upload_2018-2-18_12-46-36.png

Does anyone know how to rescue the drone from this loop?

Following a phantom 3 thread, I tried formatting an SD card and putting the latest firmware on it (downloaded via the DankDroneDownloader app (v 01.04.0300) and inserting it into the drone. It hasn't seemed to make any difference.

Could someone please help me here?

Kind regards,

Yannie

Last edited:
Also, the unit has become extremely hot (much hotter than usual)

I checked the SD card in the device to see if there were any logs or anything. I put the BIN file on there hoping it would load it, as per the Phantom 3 forums.
upload_2018-2-18_12-57-59.png

There is nothing in the DCIM or MISC folders (no hidden files either)

have you tried powering the mavic down and the RC down, restart and try to update again with assist 2 app?

have you tried powering the mavic down and the RC down, restart and try to update again with assist 2 app?
Yes, I've powered the MP on and off many times.

The controller does not connect to the drone.

I am sorry, I just noticed on your screen shots that dumbledore is in play. I have NO experience in that. So I will leave this question to the modders and hackers that are more qualified to help!
Good luck!

WOW! I cant believe a rollback advocate, modder hasnt chimed in to help you out yet!

Try starting a thread titled "always update" or "rollbacks are for losers" Then when they come to tell you you are stupid, get one of them to help you! :D :D

Reactions: William Stinessen
Any idea what best way is to update filmware? I also tried updating and it failed. Now im out of wifi to download but haven't tried flying after the fail.

The best way is to connect the Mavic to a PC and run djiassist 2 software. I think the OP is trying to load a hacked firmware, and that is a bit more detailed and requires some special attention.

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
I'm not trying to load hacked firmware. I'm just trying to get it to load any type of firmware.
That was a last resort when I couldn't update / reset it to factory defaults via the DJI Assistant 2 software.

Update it via the app. If you make a mistake while trying to install old firmware not current with DJI you can brick it.

In an emergency setting, is it possible to get Mavic to load firmware from the SD card?

I saw dumbledore in your screenshots, I dont know anything about it, other than you load it to circumvent DJI restrictions. I could be wrong, but I think that is where the problem is or started. When you mess with editing code, and you lose or add a single character in the wrong place, like a comma or period. The whole package could be rendered useless.
Again, I dont really know how to help you if you have resorted using a third party hacking software to do whatever you were trying to do. As far as I know you have bricked it and voided warranty.

Just hold on, someone might know what to do. I would really love to help you but I am not that guy

is it possible to get Mavic to load firmware from the SD card?
No, that was possible only with aircraft like P3 or Inspire 1

I saw dumbledore in your screenshots, I dont know anything about it, other than you load it to circumvent DJI restrictions. I could be wrong, but I think that is where the problem is or started. When you mess with editing code, and you lose or add a single character in the wrong place, like a comma or period. The whole package could be rendered useless.
Again, I dont really know how to help you if you have resorted using a third party hacking software to do whatever you were trying to do. As far as I know you have bricked it and voided warranty.

Just hold on, someone might know what to do. I would really love to help you but I am not that guy

Thanks. I'd really like to hear from someone who can actually help me, please.

At least we are keeping your thread on top of the new posts so it will be noticed faster by someone who might be able to help!

Reactions: Yannie
The controller does not connect to the Mavic at all, since the initial failed update

Since it looks like just a couple of us have any interest in helping you, lets explore a bit, OK?
I notice in your screen capture above, the error says "firmware incompatible" something about "some modules" and something about the device.
Are you sure you were not trying to load a modified firmware? Newer Mavics cant use older Mavic firmware.
Maybe the wrong aircraft is selected in DJIassist 2?
Try to install every firmware option you can, hopefully one will take.
If you have modified anything in the software with dumbledore, uninstall it and reload an unaltered version.

If none of this works, we will need to know EXACTLY what you were trying to do, and what actions you took to try and do it.

Have you tried to bind it with the TX?
I just tried that then: I plugged the drone directly into the controller, but it didn't make a difference. It still just beeps like in the video...

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters