DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please Help - Firmware Updates

Daevaziel

Reactions
I am curious if we can get notified as our firmware is released so instead of going out getting ready to fly and then all of a sudden realizing you have to update your firmware if we got notifications for when they are released then we would know that we would have to update everything before we went out to fly, and we would be prepared instead of Blindsided. Can someone please let me know if this is possible if not who would I talk to in DJI to make the suggestion how would I go about this?

Last edited:
Cut off autoupdates in your device and you won’t have that issue. .

Reactions: Clinton1
Cut off autoupdates in your device and you won’t have that issue. .
I don't know if you understood what I was really saying we get firmware updates for our devices at random times it might be a couple in one month then not for a few months. I'm saying whenever a firmware update is released I want to know if we can get an email saying that we have new firmware available for our device. I am wondering if that is already possible or I am wondering who I could talk to within DJI to ask if that could be a possibility.

Well I have that cut off in my device and am notified if a update is there and I have to ok it before it does and the same goes for the app and firmware.
So maybe I don’t understand what you are referring to.
Maybe another member can explain it to you.
Good luck.

Well I have that cut off in my device and am notified if a update is there and I have to ok it before it does and the same goes for the app and firmware.
So maybe I don’t understand what you are referring to.
Maybe another member can explain it to you.
Good luck.
So whenever DJI releases a new firmware for your device you get an email saying that there's a new firmware released is that right?

So whenever DJI releases a new firmware for your device you get an email saying that there's a new firmware released is that right?
Whenever I go into DJI go 4 it will tell me if there's a new firmware that needs to be installed and also when I go into DJI assistant 2 hooked up to my device it will tell me if there is a new firmware released but what I am talking about is I'm not hooked up to anything I'm just walking downtown all of a sudden I get an email or text telling me that DJI has a firmware update that is what I am wanting to happen, I don't understand how turning off auto updates would prevent that from happening if it is an option

No, DJI doesn't send emails about firmware updates. Besides starting up the app and connecting the AC before going out where then the app would inform you of an update, you could go onto DJI's website.

Only way to prevent any updates is to not connect your device to the internet.

And even if there is a firmware update, you don’t have to install it there and then. Just ignore the notification and go fly your drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS