DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please help. Mavic Pro Gimbal mount L-SHAPED clip broken

Reactions
Hey guys and gals! I recently purchased a mavic pro from a personal seller, and this seller sold me the mavic with a broken plastic L-shaped clip that extends over the black gimbal mount. I'm not sure what this plastic piece does other than to prevent the camera from falling in the event of a crash and the elastic bands breaking. I spoke with a DJI customer tech, but he did not seem very knowledgeable as to what the pieces function actually is. Does anyone here know what that little clip that seems to be held in with two small screws or metal cylinders is? And if so, what its primary function is. And is it safe to fly with a broken clip? I know the part is actually very inexpensive, but I wonder if I would be able to replace it myself, if I actually need to replace it at all. The Cellar that sold me this mavic was not honest about its condition. The test light went fine, but having just calibrated to gimbal, I noticed the broken L shaped plastic clip. Any help you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! DJI wants $175 to install a $6 part.

Attachments

• IMG_20180324_120621628.jpg
    IMG_20180324_120621628.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 72
Hey guys and gals! I recently purchased a mavic pro from a personal seller, and this seller sold me the mavic with a broken plastic L-shaped clip that extends over the black gimbal mount. I'm not sure what this plastic piece does other than to prevent the camera from falling in the event of a crash and the elastic bands breaking. I spoke with a DJI customer tech, but he did not seem very knowledgeable as to what the pieces function actually is. Does anyone here know what that little clip that seems to be held in with two small screws or metal cylinders is? And if so, what its primary function is. And is it safe to fly with a broken clip? I know the part is actually very inexpensive, but I wonder if I would be able to replace it myself, if I actually need to replace it at all. The Cellar that sold me this mavic was not honest about its condition. The test light went fine, but having just calibrated to gimbal, I noticed the broken L shaped plastic clip. Any help you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! DJI wants $175 to install a $6 part.
Sorry for typos. Talk to text. Ha. See attached pic.

It's part of the gimbal vibration absorbing board. Without that piece, your gimbal might not be steady when flying.

You can buy a replacement here on Amazon or here on eBay.

Last edited:
It's part of the gimbal vibration absorbing board. Without that piece, your gimbal might not be steady when flying.

You can buy a replacement here on Amazon or here on eBay.
Thanks a lot for your reply! I have researched the price and it seems the board itself is very cheap. The problem is, DJI wants almost $200 to install it, and I just bought this ruin after saving up for 6 months. I I was hoping that perhaps I could install it myself, but after watching the videos, it seems pretty complex. Should I refrain from flying the mavic until I get that repaired? Thanks a lot for your help!

Here are a few videos to show you what's involved in this repair:

If you're not up for fixing this yourself, you can find some other repair shops here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3