DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PLEASE HELP ME!! :( :(

Steve Cam

Reactions
Ive had my mavic pro for 2 days and today it flew away. While flying, it suddenly started giving me a whole host of warnings but my controller was unresponsive. I then lost video feed and remote control connection, my mavic switched into atti mode and then weirdly into WIFI mode!!! and then..... flatline. I jumped into my car and raced down towards it to try to help with the connection but sadly, no luck. Cant find it at its last location and i dont know what to do now!

can anyone advise me? i can send you the logs if that will help,

thank you

What were the warnings? Did u update all firmware? Did u calibrate remote? What app r u using? Need more info.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

We're going to start seeing more and more of these posts... and it's making me want a mavic delivered less and less..

We're going to start seeing more and more of these posts... and it's making me want a mavic delivered less and less..

That is like saying you want to get rid of your car because some people drive poorly (actually that doesn't sound so bad).
Most posts rave about how amazing it is. You just have to be a bit careful. It is not foolproof, by any means. It is very possible to crash.

Reactions: jointeffort and Loz
Ive had my mavic pro for 2 days and today it flew away. While flying, it suddenly started giving me a whole host of warnings but my controller was unresponsive. I then lost video feed and remote control connection, my mavic switched into atti mode and then weirdly into WIFI mode!!! and then..... flatline. I jumped into my car and raced down towards it to try to help with the connection but sadly, no luck. Cant find it at its last location and i dont know what to do now!

can anyone advise me? i can send you the logs if that will help,

thank you
as other says, post more information and maybe even your flightlog so we could take a look at it as where the last known location could of been.

I am thinking about getting trackR for my Mavic Pro
Checkout - TrackR bravo
Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Size is nice, but I don't know how well it would work. I asked about coverage in forested/remote areas and their reply was "Crowd GPS requires another one of our hundreds of thousands of TrackR users to walk by your lost item (please note: they must have the app open and bluetooth must be on as well) and then you will receive a location update of where your item is located on the map on the main display of the app."

I cancelled my Mavic last week and will probably revisit in the spring.

Am a 62 year old male. Have flown RC airplanes for some 25 years. My Mavic Pro is my first quad, and it arrived about three weeks ago. I LOVE it. It does what I tell it to do. I is magical..... and a balm to my soul. I have taught IT for many years, and understand it's limitations. Nothing is perfect, and DJI puts out turkeys..... like any company. But don't throw out the baby with the bath water. My drone is PURE JOY AND INSPIRATION. Just enjoy and smile. Sorry for your lose. Learn from it.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

There are several reasons for this, mainly more and more inexperienced folks are diving in to the UAV world with no clue about the rules or the pitfalls. Just watch the videos all over Youtube. I wouldn't let some of these folks borrow my hammer (for fear they wouldn't know how to operate it).

sadly not, but if i recover it/get it replaced/buy myself a new one i will most definitely do so!
Sorry for the loss. Have you had a drone before? Flying that far away in a heavily urban area is very risky. You likely had significant radio interference which was causing the drone to get nefarious commands. It is not an exclusive radio frequency although it is proprietary between the unit and controller. I also strongly doubt you kept visual Sight of your drone or even line of sight as you were over 1.5 miles out. Once you lose line of sight, all bets are off. I noticed you went well over 400 feet? Obviously you turned off your limits. What other major settings did you change? If you find it, don't break rule one or two (visual and line of sight) in a heavily urban area and you will have better results. Bummer.

Yes, that would be helpful. Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here.

Did you get a chance to look at my log? I've heard on the forums that you are a guru so I was hoping you could take a look and let me know what you think. Do you think dji is likely to replace it for me?

Thanks so much and happy holidays!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost