DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please help! Remote connected to a/c, but not to phone!

loop3

Reactions
I tried all i could, but the controller wont link with any of my Android / iOS devices, tried all kinds of cables.

Mavic 2 Zoom, 1 week old

If you are not using an iPhone in the standard position, you have to remove the (Lightning ended) cable at the top-left corner of the controller from the controller. Weird but true.

Your kit should have come with replacement cables (micro-USB and USB-C) if you want to use another sort of phone there, or you can use the USB connector at the front of the controller with any cable but you must disconnect the (Edited = what was I doing?) standard cable before that will work.

Last edited:
As Idrach mentioned, the controller will not connect to a device when using the bottom/larger usb port if there's a cable attached to the upper left. A number of folks prefer using the bottom/larger one as it seems more reliable.

By the way, you can attach a power bank to the upper/left port for charging and still use the lower one. But even leaving an unattached cable plugged in to the side port disables the lower port.

Nothing works, tried with a bunch of cables, the small one is off from the beginning.

The windows assistant software doesn't recognize the controller also.

Guess is basically useless right now... can't believe... after a few flights. It disconnected in mid flight, I managed to press RTH and that's it, no more connection to any device.

Nothing works, tried with a bunch of cables, the small one is off from the beginning.

The windows assistant software doesn't recognize the controller also.

Guess is basically useless right now... can't believe... after a few flights. It disconnected in mid flight, I managed to press RTH and that's it, no more connection to any device.

How old is the unit? Can you return it to the place where purchased? Otherwise, sounds as if you need to contact DJI and open a case with them. It might need repair or replacement.

Good luck.

I'm sure you already checked but did you try using canned air to clean the ports? It's easy to get something in there that will fail the connection. Also, did you upgrade firmware and all that? You could be connected and if there is a update available you'll need to let that run before the connection can be made.

I guess this is when it went wrong, I got a firmware update message, for the controller, but knowing I had only 50% battery and I really didn't want to wait, I canceled it...

After that, I flew for about 10 mins and the connection got interrupted.

It is sent to warranty right now, waiting to hear if they'll change it or what.

Thanks a lot for your input, guys, I was really scared and frustrated, because i just got the drone and I couldn't believe this is happening after 2 weeks and a few small flights.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka