DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

please help - signal weak /signal lost only 50 meters away

holoboss

Reactions
Hello, I see couple of similar posts - but with no answers. So, allow me to ask please:
I fly mavic 2 pro for some 4 years. no problems ever. until today. Suddenly, right after start - maybe 50 or 60 meters away got WEAK SIGNAL note, them almost immediately SIGNAL LOST.
it switches between weak and lost signal, and when lost is on for a few seconds it wants to come back to me. Terrible. i can't control camera or anything. i changed battery - changed location for flying. same thing - at about 50 meters - in clear view and perfect weather - signal weak/lost.
I know it can be many things, from broken antenna cable to bad electronics. But what would be a good trouble-shooting way for it? is the remote easy to open and check antenna cable?

I am on a tiny caribbean island, and sending it anywhere for service is practically impossible.
If you have any suggestions - thank you in advance.
Cheers to the group.

Could be the antennae wire. I have read here that the wire can break right at the pivot point. If this is the case it seems unlikely that both would break. You could try making a parabolic reflector out of tin foil (google to see shape) and then try putting it on one antenna at a time. If it helps on one the other wire could be broke.

Hi buddy! Same thing happened to me a the last week, I have my mavic 2 zoom since 4 years ago, never had an issue with this drone until the last week when I decided to fly in a Open area(updated the last firmware before everything started), same symptoms as you described in you post, I tried everything from downgrading the firmware to reset the RC and the drone, nothing seems to work, I only realised making some test that when you're flying in 5.8GHZ everything its completely fine, seems to work pretty good, I did a test range with 5.8 and I got 2kms which is enough to me. But its a chore switching every time when I turn on the dron from 2.4 to 5.8 because the controller starts by default in 2.4 or Dual band and you have to be very close almost touching the drone to switch over to 5.8GHZ. Ive no idea whats going on, never crashed my drone or my rc, its so disappointing because they're super expensive machines to fail like that.
Hello, I see couple of similar posts - but with no answers. So, allow me to ask please:
I fly mavic 2 pro for some 4 years. no problems ever. until today. Suddenly, right after start - maybe 50 or 60 meters away got WEAK SIGNAL note, them almost immediately SIGNAL LOST.
it switches between weak and lost signal, and when lost is on for a few seconds it wants to come back to me. Terrible. i can't control camera or anything. i changed battery - changed location for flying. same thing - at about 50 meters - in clear view and perfect weather - signal weak/lost.
I know it can be many things, from broken antenna cable to bad electronics. But what would be a good trouble-shooting way for it? is the remote easy to open and check antenna cable?

I am on a tiny caribbean island, and sending it anywhere for service is practically impossible.
If you have any suggestions - thank you in advance.
Cheers to the group.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: holoboss
Wow! It works!!!!!!
I did as you said - switching to 5.8 as "custom" setting. and i can fly as far as before!
Very strange to what happened to auto settings not switching to 5.8 when 2.4 is losing signal. Indeed it is a bit of pain to remember about it before each flight - but it saves me cost of a new drone, at least for a short while!
What I al;so find strange is DJI categorizing this setting (in Mavic 2 Pro at least) as IMAGE QUALITY SETTINGS. Really it may be image quality on remote too - but most importantly it is controlling drone actions, so why is it under image quality - puzzles me.
Thank you again for this brilliant solution. I hope others will find this post too. Cheers!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54