DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PNC Park, Pittsburgh

A beautiful shot from a truly remarkable bird . . . is that a watermark or is that 21 (Roberto Clemente's Number) actually etched in the field?

A beautiful shot from a truly remarkable bird . . . is that a watermark or is that 21 (Roberto Clemente's Number) actually etched in the field?
It's an unedited JPG directly from the bird. Glad you liked it. I was thrilled to be able to get it.

It's an unedited JPG directly from the bird. Glad you liked it. I was thrilled to be able to get it.
Where were you launching from? I’m from just outside the city. Would to fly from Grandview but I’m assuming that’s a NFZ. Also the view is already from on high , not sure what a drone can add to it

Attachments

• 33C8F819-9C15-42EE-BD8C-47F0B289A2B7.jpeg
    33C8F819-9C15-42EE-BD8C-47F0B289A2B7.jpeg
    258.7 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: W2EJ
Where were you launching from? I’m from just outside the city. Would to fly from Grandview but I’m assuming that’s a NFZ. Also the view is already from on high , not sure what a drone can add to it
I launched from Grandview, exactly as you thought. Your picture is also excellent!

Reactions: Bob1956
I launched from Grandview, exactly as you thought. Your picture is also excellent!
Thank-you. If Grandview is Ok to fly, Next time I'm in the city (probably the holidays) I'll bring the Mavic. From the incline platform it looks like just woods, a rail road, parking lot and a lightly used road to cross, then over the river (Google earth view). I remember a few years ago a floatplane pilot stirred up controversy when he landed on the river in that same area. Heard he went under a couple bridges and barely over a couple others.

I originally wanted to launch right across from the church on Grandview, but I couldn’t find any non concrete to take off from without going on someone’s property, like the church. Just about a block further west, however, I found the perfect spot. With already being up so high, communication with the bird was fantastic. The football stadium had people in it, so I steered clear of it, but the Pirates were out of town, so PNC Park was doable, and luckily the infield was uncovered.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair