DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PO'd - Error 300003

NLOL

Reactions
In the middle of nowhere -no cell/data network - a week ago, I flew a mission - without trouble - in preparation for a later mission - nearby, but very difficult to spot to reach. Everything went fine from flying to video quality.

Two days ago I made the trip to the hard to reach spot. Yeah you know what is coming from the heading:

I got a RED error message that said "ACCOUNT NOT LOGGED IN" error 3000003. Being picky, I'd understand a message that said not logged into account - but I've never seen an account logged in to anything - one usually logs into an account. Must be Chinese I figured, so I pressed the RED warning and got "LOG IN" but giving no idea of what, MA2, Controller, smart device, or me/user as supposed to login, nor what was supposed to be logged into.

I pressed the Log in message and was told enter phone number or email. I entered my cell/smart device number and received phone number invalid message (I did check AGREE TO TERMS - but have no idea what, or even who's, terms I agreed to. Ah, nope, phone number is good. So I tried email. I think that worked, but it got me to "Check Network". Again, no idea what network: smart device to controller, Controller to AC - yep all working fine. Could they mean either smart device to cell, wifi, or data network? Dunno but such was not available - wasn't required less than a week previous - hsn't been required for as long back as my memory still works - years. I updated nothing between this and previous flight. I tried every combination of powering off, disconnecting reconnecting and repowering everything. Problem continued. Long-shot - problem occurred with a different battery than on my test flight - so, installed the freshly recharged battery from the test fight. Problem remained. I declared failure, and spent the 2 hour climb, and hike back to where I parked the ATV, after the 45 minute ride in from where I parked the truck on the old mining road, off the dirt road, i took to get where I was - cursing DJI the whole time.

Oh, I did get the AC to fly - up to 30 feet high and 50 feet away. It worked fine. The AC flew fine. The flight restriction seems totally unwarrnated, and the lack of prior notice to me is ... disrespectful.

I don't know how this looks from DJI's perspective - why they have/allow such a problem to occur. From my perspective though... someting is very wrong. I need:

1) a fix that will get me flying again.

2) An explanation of what happened, why, and, I hope, corrective action from DJI.

I am not being facetious. You need to contact DJI support.

There are many experienced DJI pilots here that can answer the why you experienced this, but I am not one of them.

I had the same thing happen once with my Mavic Mini. Flew fine when I changed the battery. No idea whether it was power-cycling the drone or the new battery that made the difference — or just coincidence.

Are you running a relatively current version of DJI Fly? I remember a similar problem when I got my Air 2 a year and a half ago. I don't recall the work-around but DJI did fix the problem not long after I ran into it.

It's quite irritating when things like this happen.

UPDATE: Here is the thread that discusses the problem I had run into. On page 2 of the thread you'll see where details of the problem come forth. The workaround was to put your phone into airplane mode. I use the Smart Controller so for me the problem was fixed by turning off wifi.

Last edited:
I started with phone in airplane mode; tried turning airplane mode off when problem arose. I haven't checked for/performed updates since about mid-April - communication here is sub-par, and even keeping things charged can be an issue - central Yukon Territory - so, as a matter of good habit, if it ain't broke, I don't update unless/until I find a reliable connection and the time to deal with problems that might arise. I can check for updates tonight or tomorrow. Otherwise, I doubt I'll ever find out exactly what happened, but it is not unique to me, and has occurred to others well before my last updates. Give the capability/quality/professionalism I see in the whole system, this problem is inexplicable, and greatly reduces my faith in its prime time usability.

Ah, I read the earlier thread. I may have turned the remote AC warning system off - absolutely not need where I was an d I ant to save every possible second of flight time. Perhaps, that ws the casue os the problem - I'll check. In the meantime, if so, there should be a message in the app warning of the consequence, and the error message - not logged in - is totally inappropriate.

DJI's error messages many times leave a bit to be desired. My first Smart Controller would periodically not let me take off indicating that the "remote required calibration". I would perform the calibration and it didn't help. Despite furious googling and scouring of forums, I found out AFTER I sent in that there is a stick calibration that can be done. which is actually in DJI GO!! That may have solved the problem since DJI determined that the issue was with the sticks, not the remote's calibration.

I wonder if DJI quietly requires that the app be connected to the Internet periodically to "refresh" the log in.

If you updated this past April, you aren't seeing the issue I had a year prior to that.

Sounds like you were put in beginner mode when it finally logged in and flew. That would cause the restrictions until you switch modes.

I did 2 things and the problem went away: I logged in and updated all the soft/firm ware. Still have no idea what casued the problem but I have a suspicion. When logged in DJI had a very slick set of screens to guide me through getting Flyaway Protection. You're well into it before you realize ity's not some software/operation feature. It;s insurance, for over $300. Universities need to re-think what they teach students in marketing and MBA courses.

Reactions: Bransty
I've taken my drone on two holidays overseas. I like to climb mountain ranges and fly. Both times, I get the 'Account Not Logged In' error.
It's ruined my holidays to be honest. When I book my holidays, I'm looking at great places to fly it. So book the holidays with the best mountain ranges.
There's no wifi after your 10 mile hike to 8,000 feet. So no way of logging into your account. You therefore cannot fly.
First holiday was disappointing. Second was infuriating.
I still don't know why it does this.

• Sad
Reactions: Yaros
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erroos