DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Point of interest on a moving car?

The best way to find out is to try it.

The big advantage of modern technology, you can learn by doing without to many costs. I would suggest to look for a lonely road, get a driver, a communicationsystem and then try. Maybe spent more then one battery to try different settings.

Just make sure you do not cause danger ot other traffic and do not drive yourself while operating the drone.

I did a short clip with a train in Sweden in july. Made sure evrything was setup, got the drone in the air about three minutes before the train was due to appear and the waited. As the train showed up, I slowly made yaw and followed the train without moving from the spot.

Note: the yaw was done manualy.

Then POI is a circular moving around a fix object and you asked for a POI around a moving object I don’t think it’s doable. The best is probably ”follow me” or fly It manually.

In Litchi the term POI is used for what is called "spotlight" in the Go4App. There is no "spotlight mode" in Litchi (atleast, I did not find it yet).

You could try Active Track. Not sure if all models have this but the Mavic 2 platform does. BTW, “smooth” is a very subjective term. One person’s smooth is another’s jerky and vice-versa. ?

You could try Active Track. Not sure if all models have this but the Mavic 2 platform does. BTW, “smooth” is a very subjective term. One person’s smooth is another’s jerky and vice-versa. ?
I’ve used a Mavic Pro 1 and active track to follow an old sailing trawler at sea and was able circle around and change altitude and speed. Obviously there was nothing to confuse the drone such as trees as you might find with a car on a road.

Reactions: Camino Ken

At about the 9:00 point, Dylan demos Active Track orbiting a moving vehicle.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada