DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar Pro filters have arrived !!

Reactions
a7eb3d109b2d6ced93274dc8b090e808.jpg

Finally received the filters today . Can't wait to try them .now if only the rain would stop so I could fly. I'll post when I do .

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

i got an email saying they started shipping the 6pack.... I'm going to be so sad when i get my 6 pack before my mavic

Does the instruction say to put on the filters after the Mavic has done it's startup dance or can the gimble do it's dance with the filter attached?

I look forward to comparison shots/videos between Non-filter and Filter.... ;)

Im completely new to this - what are the best filter types for each situation (i.e., extremely bright clear days, water shots, etc)? Is there a filter type that will generally do 'well' for most situations? Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Daniel Yee
Has anyone put them on and started up the mavic? I ordered some off brand filters off Amazon and returned them because the gimbal would refuse to move after startup when installed. I have the polar pros on order and curious how the gimbal reacts to them being installed

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Has anyone put them on and started up the mavic? I ordered some off brand filters off Amazon and returned them because the gimbal would refuse to move after startup when installed. I have the polar pros on order and curious how the gimbal reacts to them being installed

It says to install after camera has initialised.

I ordered the PGY ones that can be initialised with filters installed. I hope the optics is as good as the PolarPros (considering they are half price).

Last edited:
Im completely new to this - what are the best filter types for each situation (i.e., extremely bright clear days, water shots, etc)? Is there a filter type that will generally do 'well' for most situations? Thanks
On the P3A with f2.8 stop.
Cloudy = 16
Clear Sunny = 32
Clear Sunny and snow = 64

Might be a little different with Mavic's F2.2
Someone will need to confirm.

if you've never used filters... then you have ruined a lot of your shots.... they are a must.
This is not true. ND filters are there to slow down the shutter speed for 'the 24fps cinematic' motion blur.
If you are just a hobbyist, then the auto setting is still brilliant to the average Joe.
Most people don't even know the difference between 30 and 60 fps.

Which brands are these?? The Junestar ones??

On the P3A with f2.8 stop.
Cloudy = 16
Clear Sunny = 32
Clear Sunny and snow = 64

Might be a little different with Mavic's F2.2
Someone will need to confirm.

Thank you for the info

I have tried my Polar Pro filters and you do need to put them on after the gimbal initializes. That is how I did it, following the instructions but became aware that it is definitely necessary when I came in for a battery change and forgot about the filter being on. It can not initialize with the filter on. I even got an warning [emoji615]️ on screen about gimbal overload or something to that effect. So, you must remove and reapply the filter when powering down. Other than that, the filters fit very well and putting them on and removing them went very well. I haven't shot enough to compare the effects of them but for reducing light they are spot on in doing that correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

So what am I doing wrong here? I was just testing the fit and it's loose. The filter won't stay on. And it's on all the way.

Does anyone know how much these weigh in grams?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121