DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar Pro gimbal protector Mavic 2 Pro

Patrick T.

Reactions
I purchased the polar pro gimbal protector cause I noticed the original cover was starting to scratch the camera which I have heard many complaints that it does scratch the camera.i always put the protector gently so not to scratch the camera but still noticed that it already has a couple of scratches so I bought a polar pro.its a very sturdy cover.the only complaint I have is it will not fit with ND filters.i had to put the original camera lens to use the polar pro cover .is there a gimbal protector that doesn’t scratch the camera and that fits with your ND filters

the only complaint I have is it will not fit with ND filters

I use the PolarPro gimbal cover and it fits with the ND filters (which are also PolarPro).

I think it would be weird if PolarPro made a gimbal cover that didn't go on with their own filters installed. But mostly, I don't think their filters are really much thicker than the original factory filter (it's not a lens -- it's a filter that goes on the lens, even if it's clear).

What brand of ND filter are you using?

Chris

I use the PolarPro gimbal cover and it fits with the ND filters (which are also PolarPro).

I think it would be weird if PolarPro made a gimbal cover that didn't go on with their own filters installed. But mostly, I don't think their filters are really much thicker than the original factory filter (it's not a lens -- it's a filter that goes on the lens, even if it's clear).

What brand of ND filter are you using?

Chris
The filters I’m using are PGYTECH.didnt know that I had to use polar pro filters for the gimbal protector to fit

Don’t think you do.I tried a set of another brand and didn’t care for them and sent them back and they were thicker Can’t remember the brand but @Thomas B has them and can say.
Your the first I have seen have an issue with the cover.
Not doubting you just saying.

Reactions: Thomas B
Don’t think you do.I tried a set of another brand and didn’t care for them and sent them back and they were thicker Can’t remember the brand but @Thomas B has them and can say.
Your the first I have seen have an issue with the cover.
Not doubting you just saying.
i thought maybe I was doing it wrong so I put the original clear lens cover and it fit perfect and tried again with the filtered one and wouldn’t fit only if you force it and didn’t wanna do that and damage the gimbal.then I looked at question and comments on amazon where I purchased it and seen there was several bad comments about the same issue.so I just left the original clear one on there ill just have to switch the filtered one when I fly I think I’d rather do that than scratch the camera with the original gimbal protector

Well I would certainly not use it and if was me I would
contact PolarPro and say something. I mean it does have
a lifetime guarantee. Maybe you got a bad one.

You say you have one and you use polar pro filters and it fits fine. Maybe I need polar pro filters I don’t think a bad one I think it’s the nd filters it was probably manufactured for polar pro filters and only certain other brands fit and some don’t

I purchased the polar pro gimbal protector cause I noticed the original cover was starting to scratch the camera which I have heard many complaints that it does scratch the camera.i always put the protector gently so not to scratch the camera but still noticed that it already has a couple of scratches so I bought a polar pro.its a very sturdy cover.the only complaint I have is it will not fit with ND filters.i had to put the original camera lens to use the polar pro cover .is there a gimbal protector that doesn’t scratch the camera and that fits with your ND filters
I have used the PolarPro gimbal cover for about a year on my M2P. It fit with all the PolarPro and Freewell filters I have including the new variables. I have never had a problem. I like it because of the nonscuff liner and it truly secures the camera from unwanted motion.
A couple of pics here: Mavic 2 Pro gimbal cover suggestions
Here’s a movie showing use and discussing question of movement: PolarPro gimbal protector pressure

Reactions: dirkclod
You say you have one and you use polar pro filters and it fits fine. Maybe I need polar pro filters I don’t think a bad one I think it’s the nd filters it was probably manufactured for polar pro filters and only certain other brands fit and some don’t
I’m sorry if I implied I use polar pro filters on my M2P I haven't yet. Do on my MP. Am looking and have a wtb in clasifeds for just the one I use but nothing yet.
I do use the cover though and love it.

I’m sorry if I implied I use polar pro filters on my M2P I haven't yet. Do on my MP. Am looking and have a wtb in clasifeds for just the one I use but nothing yet.
I do use the cover though and love it.
Ok thanks for the input I’m thinking about getting polar pro filters and hopefully they fit ok again thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929