DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar Pro ND's now available - Sponsored Sticky

They also have a 6-pack listed somewhere as well. Was $159, I believe.

Man they are fast! got the filters out before the quad is available, good work. I ordered the 3 pack, the sun is so bright here in California I almost never used the ND4 filter on my P3.

Can the people getting these report weather or not they're threaded, whenever you get them in hand? I'm still curious about attachment

oh they've changed the website to say "will be available 1-2 weeks after mavic ships"

It appears that PolarPro isn't selling higher end multi-coated cinema series lenses like they did for the Phantom 4; at least not yet. It would seem that with the camera mounted out on the nose of the aircraft, it could be subject to more lens flare. I'll be anxious to see how PolarPro's filters for the Mavic compare in a side-by-side test to DJIs once they're available.

It appears that PolarPro isn't selling higher end multi-coated cinema series lenses like they did for the Phantom 4; at least not yet. It would seem that with the camera mounted out on the nose of the aircraft, it could be subject to more lens flare. I'll be anxious to see how PolarPro's filters for the Mavic compare in a side-by-side test to DJIs once they're available.

This concerns me as it does not state whether the glass is UHD like the cinema series. This is a high cost for basic glass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's nice they dropped the price to something more reasonable. But I still require a ND4 and won't buy a set without it.

I just spoke with a Polar Pro representative. He stated that due to the size of the Mavic Pro camera lens they had to go with just an HD quality lens, instead of the UHD lenses that they offered with the P4. This means that it is only coated on the front of lens and not both sides. Hence why they lowered there premium kit price. I still preordered them because I know that they will be high quality lens filters as previously offered.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Mavic_Man504
What's the big deal about an ND4 ?

I fly lots of times where it is not bright enough to require ND8 or more, but an ND4 works great. I use ND4/8 pretty much all the time, occasionally ND16 and my ND32 maybe once.

You probably won't ever really need an ND4 on the Mavic Pro's faster F/2.2 lens... unless you're totally crazy OCD about having an exact shutter speed in mind.

Surely, there are smart people working at PolarPro who have already done some exhaustive testing to come to the conclusion that ND8 and ND16 will fullfill most requirements and add an ND32 for extremely bright conditions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots