DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PolarPro gimbal protector

Thomas Fields

Reactions
I purchased a PolarPro gimbal protector for my Mavic 2 Zoom. The protector is obviously well made and easy to attach. However, it puts rearward pressure on the gimbal to the extent that the assembly moves backward. Should this be a concern?

I use one on my pro and kinda does the same thing.
No issue because of that yet.
There’s a thread on it here and will try and find it.

Reactions: Thomas B
Here are a few of the existing threads on this topic:

Reactions: dirkclod
Just got my polarpro gimbal cover for my Mavic 2 pro. It sure takes some effort snapping on and snapping off. But, more than that, it sure seems like it's putting pressure on the gimbal arm... not sure if I'm going to keep it or not...
I've read a post by one person that says after a few uses it becomes easier to snap on/off. Would anyone agree with that?

I purchased a PolarPro gimbal protector for my Mavic 2 Zoom. The protector is obviously well made and easy to attach. However, it puts rearward pressure on the gimbal to the extent that the assembly moves backward. Should this be a concern?
Here’s the best illustration I have seen:
I have used this one for about 6 months. Very happy with it.
Noticed you asked the same question in early May on another thread you started, FWIW.

Reactions: dirkclod
Yup, I did ask a *similar* question about suggestions for a gimbal cover but not by the brand name (polarpro).
My question on this thread was specific to the polarpro gimbal cover and I didn't start this thread, I just jumped onboard it when I saw discussion about the polarpro.
I've seen that illustration too and mine sure seems a lot harder to snap on/off than what he's showing in the video. Maybe it's because his is worn in.
I do really like it but it is so difficult and snug to snap on I'm nervous about damaging the gimbal. I just wish it wasn't that tight of a fit, snug maybe would do.

Reactions: ff22 and Thomas B
Yup, I did ask a *similar* question about suggestions for a gimbal cover but not by the brand name (polarpro).
My question on this thread was specific to the polarpro gimbal cover and I didn't start this thread, I just jumped onboard it when I saw discussion about the polarpro.
I've seen that illustration too and mine sure seems a lot harder to snap on/off than what he's showing in the video. Maybe it's because his is worn in.
I do really like it but it is so difficult and snug to snap on I'm nervous about damaging the gimbal. I just wish it wasn't that tight of a fit, snug maybe would do.

Mine is still tight but looking at that video again and how much play he shows the gimbal has on its own makes it seem less severe.

I guess it might be possible to sand down the latch a tiny bit where it engages/disengages easier. Sand, test, sand, test. Obviously not so much as to make the latch insecure.

Thomas: To answer your question, yes, the PP cover gets easier to install over time.

Thomas: My response was for the OP, "Thomas Fields." <smile>

I guess that would make you a "doubting Thomas," huh? :)

However, I missed the "Zoom" part of the original question on the first read, (sorry Thomas F.) so my answer doesn't apply as I've never seen the PP Zoom gimbal cover although I'd bet a lot of money that it works just as well as the one for the M2P.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent