DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Police experience

Oyibo VFX

Reactions
The last week, I had two occasions where I could face police intervention. The first was when I wanted to film on the Slope of Ronquières (ship lift).
Some worker asked me for a permit and prevented me from flying. He threaten to call you the police. I was with my daughter and was just too tired for an argument. Two days later I was flying the I2 and a police van stopped and asked what I was doing. I explained and showed them my license and registration documents. We had a little chat and he basically confirmed that the had no additional information on UAV's. I told him it was not the police jurisdiction and he confirmed. He told me my license was the first he ever saw and was surprised that I had to do exams to get one.
Later on, I checked the NOTAM and the official Belgium airmap and the Slope is a G classified area so free to fly. Worse case is a 50m (150ft) distance from an object.
So, I will go back to the Slope and fly. Hope they call the police. I'll have the NOTAM and aerial map ready. And fun. Just the French language might be my obstacle.

Reactions: Sew
...And fun. Just the French language might be my obstacle.
The French language is only an obstacle to the French - they don't think anyone speaks it properly. My wife speaks fluent French - as the Belgians speak it since she was raised there. The French pretend they can't understand her. ;)

Reactions: Oyibo VFX
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54