DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poll: Activation successful or not?

Have you successfully activated your MA2?

• Total voters

InvisibleName

Reactions
This has been going on too long now; let’s see if we can measure how bad it is (I do appreciat that it is VERY bad for those that directly effects!)

Reactions: Wild Wayne
I'm going to watch this poll's results closely. I was all fired up to order a Mavic Air 2, but then I saw the threads with folks having activation issues. I wonder if one particular supplier (DJI, Best Buy, Amazon, etc.) is shipping more with problems than any other supplier.

Received from Best Buy on May 18th, had no problem with activation

Good to go and really liking this drone. It’s rock solid!

I was really worried about this after reading so much on this issue online, but I activated last night with no issues. Can't wait to fly it.

Unfortunately my drone will not activate, DJI confirmed issue based on serial number. Need to get replacement drone. Gutted wanted to get this drone in the air and try out 48mp photos

Activated on 1st try! No Issues here! I did have an issue with my Spark .. But not the MA2 ! Love it !

Sadly I'm one of those unlucky one
My 3 friends in the same boat. All getting them in the last week and all from different suppliers
From posts I've seen it seems to be a UK problem at the moment.
Dji customer service is crap

My 3 friends in the same boat. All getting them in the last week and all from different suppliers

Not just UK, i'm in Michigan and also had the problem. Seems like all of the issues came with drones activated around the 16th / 17th of May.

Not just UK, i'm in Michigan and also had the problem. Seems like all of the issues came with drones activated around the 16th / 17th of May.
Sorry to hear about your issue.
It's a sinking feeling when it says error 1112 isn't it

I received my Air 2 today, activation and downloaded update no problems. Charged it up for about an hour and was ready to fly. My only problem is I thought with a SD card installed it would default to the card, it didn't. After about 15 minutes it switched to the SD card but I guess I needed to hit record again. No big deal. Lost signal and it seemed to have a problem returning to home but finally did, a little scary. 4k videos looks a lot better than my Karma drone. So far so good.

Has it been posted or listed online somewhere what serial numbers are affected by the activation issues?

I received my Air 2 today, activation and downloaded update no problems. Charged it up for about an hour and was ready to fly. My only problem is I thought with a SD card installed it would default to the card, it didn't. After about 15 minutes it switched to the SD card but I guess I needed to hit record again. No big deal. Lost signal and it seemed to have a problem returning to home but finally did, a little scary. 4k videos looks a lot better than my Karma drone. So far so good.
Good to hear. On the SD card issue: Less haste, more speed.... when you insert the card for the first time, you are prompted as to whether you want to switch to it or remain on internal.

I’m in the UK too and fortunately had no issues.

I would say there may be a dodgy batch and the 4 of you were just really unlucky but if there’s guys in the US with the same issue then I‘d hope it’s a software issue that can be fixed without having to wait a few weeks physically sending it back and forth!

Best of luck all. I hope it works out well quickly!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas