DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poll: Are you happy with your Mavic?

Are you happy with your Mavic?

• 1. Yes I am happy I bought it and have no intention of selling it.

• 2. No I am not happy with it and would like to get a refund or sell it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Former Member

Reactions
Please cast your vote either way.

Just wondering how people feel about their Mavics after purchase. I have personally experienced DJI's shipping delays, repair delays, and sometimes incompetent staff, but overall, I am 100% satisfied with mine. Its the best consumer drone Ive ever had, and is really revolutionary in its design and capabilities.

You can read 100 messages here from people having problems, and I think most of those are from owners not reading the manual or not understanding something and not being patient enough to read past posts and self-diagnose.

I do buy sell and repair Mavics, but from a personal point of view, after owning hundreds of RC aircraft in my life, the Mavic is my favorite.

The Mavic is a blast to fly and it's certainly one of my all time favorite gadgets.
The Camera system is about the only thing that is not superb about the Mavic.
Unfortunately DJI Sales and Customer support are the polar opposites to the Mavic.

The Mavic is a blast to fly and it's certainly one of my all time favorite gadgets.
The Camera system is about the only thing that is not superb about the Mavic.
Unfortunately DJI Sales and Customer support are the polar opposites to the Mavic.
Luckily, I've not had to deal with DJI customer service (knock on wood/sign of the cross).
As for the camera, I've been a pro photographer for several decades now, and as long as you work within it's performance envelope, it can produce some pretty amazing imagery. Given that the technology is advancing at lightning pace it is even hard to nail down what is acceptable or appropriate for a given task nowadays. I never thought I'd see a news agency broadcasting Gopro footage, but I've now seen it many times and IMO the Mavic has better specs than that. Guess all I'm saying is today's "superb" is tomorrows, meh, anyway.

At first I wasn't 100% satisfied with my mavic pro due to a focusing/lens issue causing the image wether it's video or photos to be soft in the lower right corner and it's noticeable. I didn't have high hopes after exchanging my mavic from reading online experiences with people returning their drone for repair a few times to get a properly working camera. I bit the bullet and did a instore exchange for a brand new one after people suggesting that I should bring it back. Now with the 2nd replacement drone I'm 100% completely satisfied with it and probably will never sell it anytime soon since the camera is perfect on this one

I'm happy with it, even though mine arrived with manufacturing defects and had to go to repair, but I *deplore* DJI's customer service. Any bleeding edge gadget like this one will have issues, but not offering to return a DOA product within 30 days after receipt, instead forcing the customer to wait a month or more to get it repaired, is totally unacceptable (at least in the US, maybe it isn't in China). I'd recommend people don't purchase directly through the DJI store, but from a reputable seller with decent return policy.

I'm happy with it, even though mine arrived with manufacturing defects and had to go to repair, but I *deplore* DJI's customer service. Any bleeding edge gadget like this one will have issues, but not offering to return a DOA product within 30 days after receipt, instead forcing the customer to wait a month or more to get it repaired, is totally unacceptable (at least in the US, maybe it isn't in China). I'd recommend people don't purchase directly through the DJI store, but from a reputable seller with decent return policy.

I agree that buying from any establishment that has a decent return policy in case of manufacturing defects is probably the best way to buy it. Local Big Box stores, Amazon, or better still an Approved Vendor on MP are gonna be your best bets in case you get a lemon, though rare they may be.

I also like to pay with Paypal for added protection. They tend to be consumer advocates.

Please cast your vote either way.

Just wondering how people feel about their Mavics after purchase. I have personally experienced DJI's shipping delays, repair delays, and sometimes incompetent staff, but overall, I am 100% satisfied with mine. Its the best consumer drone Ive ever had, and is really revolutionary in its design and capabilities.

You can read 100 messages here from people having problems, and I think most of those are from owners not reading the manual or not understanding something and not being patient enough to read past posts and self-diagnose.

I do buy sell and repair Mavics, but from a personal point of view, after owning hundreds of RC aircraft in my life, the Mavic is my favorite.
Must agree whole heartedly, an incredible engineering accomplishment, beyond my expectations. If there is a better consumer product at this price point out there, I'd like to know because then and only then would I maybe, only maybe think of trading up. Just refer to my post on "crashed my Mavic into a tree" from yesterday!!

Reactions: Former Member
Started with a P3S maybe 8 months ago, bought it new direct from DJI. All went well. Then, about 4 months ago, bought a used P3P. All good. I just bought a Mavic. Got it two days ago. Wow!! So far, no problems at all. I debated between P4P and Mavic. Mavic won out because of portability, and it is a pleasure to carry around, setup, and fly, not to mention the very high quality images, both still and video. Very pleased to date with all my DJI drones, the Mavic way up on the top of the short list...

Aside from the rear plate issue, I'm loving it. :D I love flying in high winds. The view above on a window day is fascinating.
Rear plate issue?

Btw! Lovin it, no problems.
If i would to put my finger on something it would be "Forward obstacle sensors" in bright direct sunlight... I just disable them during high attitude flights.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada