Poll: IOS or Android?

Which operating system are you using?

• IOS

• Android

• I use both depending on how I feel

Results are only viewable after voting.

jimmybbq

Reactions
I think I know the answer, but wondering which is more popular... click the button above to vote.

Last edited:
I use an iPad as well as a Samsung Galaxy S5, depending on how portable I want to be. the iOS app is more stable so I prefer that. I get a lot of disconnects with the Android version.

Had an Android (my Galaxy S7 phone) but it was unreliable, swapped to a Galaxy tablet I had lying around, same thing plus screen was hard to see, swapped to works iPad Air 2 and have never looked back!

I have never tried Ipad Mini but there several thread about it overheating and shutting down is it true?

Reactions: hjmavic
I also loved Android, but was FORCED to go to iOS... thanks Dji!!! To be honest the Apple experince is loads better though, but I do miss things like the maps offline with Android and also the caching direct to your photo library, screen recording etc, wish Dji could / would get it together... sigh, in an ideal world with 'good' developers....

Last edited:
I've not used the DJI NO app since I purchased Litchi (first day I got my mavic. imagine that), so I don't have to deal with all the app crashes. Litchi runs great on both IOS and Android. I enjoy the portability of being able to put the iPad mini 4 into the controller... but it does not record the entire screen very well. It does "Cache" the video nicely, but you just don't get to see the entire screen that you see while flying the mavic i.e. height, speed, distance, etc.. I know you can do it within Litchi, but due to the hardware in the Mini you get screen lag and jitters.

If I have a need to record the entire screen (setting up for mission flight, etc), I use an Nvidia shield K1 . It has a built in App/service "Nvidia Share Service" that allows you to record the screen without any lag or issues... but then I have to carry around a mount for the tablet since it does not fit into the remote for the mavic.

I'm in the same boat as you. I have a Samsung S7 Edge, but just way too many app crashes. I don't think I had one single flight in which it didn't crash at least once! All firmware/apps were up to date, closed all apps before plugging in the USB, let the USB connection open the app, etc etc. I switched to Litchi about a week ago and haven't even opened the DJI Go app since. Not ONE single app crash, only one disconnect and that was for only a split second. I absolutely am loving Litchi. Once DJI fixes their app, I'm sure I'll go back to it as I miss a couple of the intelligent modes (tripod, mainly), but as well as Litchi runs on my system, I'm very, very happy with it!

I've not used the DJI NO app since I purchased Litchi (first day I got my mavic. imagine that), so I don't have to deal with all the app crashes. Litchi runs great on both IOS and Android. I enjoy the portability of being able to put the iPad mini 4 into the controller... but it does not record the entire screen very well. It does "Cache" the video nicely, but you just don't get to see the entire screen that you see while flying the mavic i.e. height, speed, distance, etc.. I know you can do it within Litchi, but due to the hardware in the Mini you get screen lag and jitters.

If I have a need to record the entire screen (setting up for mission flight, etc), I use an Nvidia shield K1 . It has a built in App/service "Nvidia Share Service" that allows you to record the screen without any lag or issues... but then I have to carry around a mount for the tablet since it does not fit into the remote for the mavic.

Reactions: northovers
I'm in the same boat as you. I have a Samsung S7 Edge, but just way too many app crashes. I don't think I had one single flight in which it didn't crash at least once! All firmware/apps were up to date, closed all apps before plugging in the USB, let the USB connection open the app, etc etc. I switched to Litchi about a week ago and haven't even opened the DJI Go app since. Not ONE single app crash, only one disconnect and that was for only a split second. I absolutely am loving Litchi. Once DJI fixes their app, I'm sure I'll go back to it as I miss a couple of the intelligent modes (tripod, mainly), but as well as Litchi runs on my system, I'm very, very happy with it!
9b1fa9e0481faffc27407637f6705320.jpg

Never fear my friend tripod mode is coming to Litchi..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00