DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

POLL: Mavic Pro Platinum Issues?

1) Are you experiencing a air encoder error (0x4000000)? 2) Are you running iOS or Android?

• Total voters
I am an Android user and mine has already been ordered. Just awaiting delivery.

Android Nougat. No issues. Installed updated firmware, no errors.

I use iOS and Android. On my iPad mini 4 (current iOS version) I have this error. Mavic seems to operate just fine with no apparent issues. On my Android - Moto G5 Plus - the error is NOT present, overall status shows “Latest Firmware”.

Hope this helps. Hoping this is just an iOS anomaly.

Reactions: michaeljanice222
New Platinum user here, Android. Ordered unit when assignment in Iraq, wife brought into Colombia where meeting.
Updated Samsung Galaxy Tab A Android (tablet) on Wednesday. Also downloaded DJI Go App 4.0

Drop down link for model only Mavic Pro (Assuming this is good as well since no options for Platinum), Attempted scan of QR Code was a no go, system would not recognize. Cannot bypass from what I see, Mavic also will not show up under WiFi options despite following directions.

Please, am open to suggestions...

New Platinum user here, Android. Ordered unit when assignment in Iraq, wife brought into Colombia where meeting.
Updated Samsung Galaxy Tab A Android (tablet) on Wednesday. Also downloaded DJI Go App 4.0

Drop down link for model only Mavic Pro (Assuming this is good as well since no options for Platinum), Attempted scan of QR Code was a no go, system would not recognize. Cannot bypass from what I see, Mavic also will not show up under WiFi options despite following directions.

Please, am open to suggestions...
Are you sure you are using the DJI Go 4 and not the DJI Go app??? It seemed like you were describing DJI Go version 4 which is not DJI Go 4. The appropriate app will clearly say "for drones after Phantom 4". And there is definitely a photo page of the Mavic when selecting it.

Are you sure you are using the DJI Go 4 and not the DJI Go app??? It seemed like you were describing DJI Go version 4 which is not DJI Go 4. The appropriate app will clearly say "for drones after Phantom 4". And there is definitely a photo page of the Mavic when selecting it.

Thank you for your prompt response. Will look more into this tomorrow. It definately has a photo page of the Mavic. After P4 is a good question as well as the vs 4 in comparison to the Go 4. Will let you know what I discover, again thank you.

Reactions: Mitch
Hello, in verifying this am, not positive about the Drones after Phantom 4. Version is the DJI GO 4 (vs 4.1.18), but have uninstalled to reload again for the After P4 version to make sure this is 100% correct. More to come, thank you again!!

Hello, in verifying this am, not positive about the Drones after Phantom 4. Version is the DJI GO 4 (vs 4.1.18), but have uninstalled to reload again for the After P4 version to make sure this is 100% correct. More to come, thank you again!!
Sorry if I was unclear before. There is no specific app to fly the MPP. Both are called the Mavic Pro in the fly apps.

I am an android user and have been flying my Platinum without issue (other than newbie flying mistakes...I strongly recommend prop guards to newbies... they have saved my bacon several times) since I received it in early December. My only issue was one day when DJI Go 4 incorrectly told me I was in a No Fly Zone when I knew I wasn't. It corrected itself the following day.

Really wish we could get some android users to chime in
To verify that would require you to answer "yes" to question 1 :p I am on android but has been absolutely flawless since day 1 so unable to answer question 2. I am on the latest version/update on everything.

Sorry if I was unclear before. There is no specific app to fly the MPP. Both are called the Mavic Pro in the fly apps.

No problem, was thinking as such. To make 100% positive I had everything downloaded correctly, I deleted the GO 4 app and reloaded as per our conversation. Where located, the hotels WiFi was being disconnected automatically when the controller was powered up (connected to my Samsung Tab A, Android 4.0+ is actually 6.0.1), then the craft, WiFi was automatically disconnects. Shutdown of craft, WiFi reconnects. Days later, arrived at house, attempted, same situation. Heard switch the craft to 5g and the normal 2.4g for home WiFi, but do not see where to complete. Craft if in RC mode during all this....Sorry to hijack this thread.

Any idea how to modify WiFi connection settings. Everything I watch makes initial setup a breeze, however

Brand new MPP operator using latest version of Android on a Galaxy S5 in airplane mode. Have only flown a few minutes but had no errors other than needing to calibrate the compass.

Reactions: Viper 1
I own both the standard and the platinum , also run crapple and $8+
There is a really decent difference as far as hearing the Drones. About 350 ft you can hear the standard edition, as the platinum at around 230 to 250ft you start to loose the sound. Did some tests blind folded and wasn’t told which was which just when it could be heard. As for the devices I run the s+,the iPad mini 4, the DJI Goggles, and the iPad Pro12.9. Sadly each suffers from issues, and drone doesn’t seem to make any difference in the equation.
On a bit of a side note, there is not any noticeable difference between recording on any device. Exception-I use a 128g mini SD card. When I go straight from that to the PC everything is available in all formats, Res, and FPS. Only when I try getting original from the drone to device do I get an error that the raw res will be unavailable, on said device. And, only if by itself, the device cannot film in the chosen resolution. Example- 4K works on iPad Pro, not on mini 4, works on s8, not Samsung tab 3 or google Pixle.

New MPP owner. I’m on a mobile device the poll doesn’t show. The only issues I’ve had were Motor current overload warnings popping up repeatedly during short training test flights with DJI prop guards installed. Of course, the device and controller were at the latest firmware. I researched best I could finally returning that unit for a replacement. The replacement arrived just before Christmas all seemed good. Yesterday I was flying with a wind advisory warnings the motor over current warning popped up again also flying with prop guards. Following day I tested again with a wind advisory without the prop guards, no warning messages. Possibly the simple framework of the prop guards (not the cage) interfere with the airflow enough to cause the warnings. Any ideas ?

New MPP owner. I’m on a mobile device the poll doesn’t show. The only issues I’ve had were Motor current overload warnings popping up repeatedly during short training test flights with DJI prop guards installed. Of course, the device and controller were at the latest firmware. I researched best I could finally returning that unit for a replacement. The replacement arrived just before Christmas all seemed good. Yesterday I was flying with a wind advisory warnings the motor over current warning popped up again also flying with prop guards. Following day I tested again with a wind advisory without the prop guards, no warning messages. Possibly the simple framework of the prop guards (not the cage) interfere with the airflow enough to cause the warnings. Any ideas ?

What is the outside temperature when you are flying? I've had the platinum since October and never experienced this "motor current error" until this morning when it was 20 degrees F. This was the coldest temp I have flown in to date. I think it may have something to do with the cold weather and perhaps DJI needs to release new firmware.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+