DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

POLL: Uncommanded descent/prop change warning, or no issues at all?

Have you had either uncommanded descent or the prop change warning?

• Yes, I've had uncommanded descent or prop change warnings

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • No, I haven't had these issues at all

Votes: 21 75.0%

• Total voters

Chris Baish

Reactions
I'm speaking as a longtime and experienced drone owner possibly thinking of the Mini as a 2nd drone.

Reading forums I'm always aware that by their definition people often come here because they need help with problems, so any issue appears to be larger than it really is.

Nevertheless, the whole uncommanded descent thing, plus the more recent mystery of the the new firmware telling you to replace the rear left prop, and the question over whether it is storage related or not, has really put me off the purchase.

So, my question is, are there lots of people out there NOT having these problems, or is it almost inevitable if I buy a Mini?

I own a mini and now an air 2. I have never had uncommanded descent but i did get that prop issue once, brought it down took home tested out and never got again ( happened few days after that firmware update) . I will say that i have about 35 hours on the mini and recently got the air 2... and its very hard for me to want to fly the mini now lol. So just consider options unless you are going for the 249 gram thing.

Reactions: Chris Baish
I’ve had my Mini since last November (I think, definitely around then), and I have had absolutely zero issues with it. I make sure that conditions are suitable before each and every flight, and I’m careful about how I store the drone while not in use. I’m also still on my original set of props too, so I must be doing something right.

I own a mini and now an air 2. I have never had uncommanded descent but i did get that prop issue once, brought it down took home tested out and never got again ( happened few days after that firmware update) . I will say that i have about 35 hours on the mini and recently got the air 2... and its very hard for me to want to fly the mini now lol. So just consider options unless you are going for the 249 gram thing.
Thanks very much for your response. In terms of the Air 2, there's no question that's superior. My first drone is a Mavic 2 Zoom, so although the 249g thing is not important to me, the cheaper price, maximum portability and drawing less attention is. I take the Zoom out when I'm going on a 'serious' mission, and I'd take the Mini when I go out for family walks and want to have it along for impromptu pics without disturbing others. My next upgrade will be the Mavic 3, and the Mini would still work well alongside that.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
I’ve had my Mini since last November (I think, definitely around then), and I have had absolutely zero issues with it. I make sure that conditions are suitable before each and every flight, and I’m careful about how I store the drone while not in use. I’m also still on my original set of props too, so I must be doing something right.
Thanks for the reassurance. It sounds like good storage and care and attention may make a difference. I'd be the same so this is good to hear ?

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Thanks very much for your response. In terms of the Air 2, there's no question that's superior. My first drone is a Mavic 2 Zoom, so although the 249g thing is not important to me, the cheaper price, maximum portability and drawing less attention is. I take the Zoom out when I'm going on a 'serious' mission, and I'd take the Mini when I go out for family walks and want to have it along for impromptu pics without disturbing others. My next upgrade will be the Mavic 3, and the Mini would still work well alongside that.
I hear you, I will say I don't think the air really causes too much more fuss if any. They sound about the same, the only thing the mini has going is the single light on the back. It does weigh more and cost more granted.. im actually in a spot where im debating selling the mini but cant quite let it go lol.

No issues so far but my Mini's left rear blades were more or less changed straight out of the original packaging and before it did anything but up and down flights in the house or garden, by now I have probably changed the right rear blades too. So I haven't voted.
I have NOT done any updates so it's running what ever it was supplied with

Last edited by a moderator:

The prop deformation problem is kind of manageable, but the potentially bigger problem for the Mini in real use is its lack of ability to survive in even moderate wind speeds.

No issues at all (uncommanded descent, warnings in the app) for about 2 dozens of flights in the last 2 months using the stock props.

I need to add here that I haven't stored it at all in the FMC case.

Only had my mini 4 weeks, done 58 flights, for a total of 16.45 hours use, according to my app. When not using it, sits on a shelf in my reloading room, not in any sort of case. Original props so far, but I did get the flymore kit, so have spares if needed. No unexpected, or unauthorized control errors either.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3