DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poll: With what resolution do you most often fly?

Poll: With what resolution do you most often fly?

• 4K (either)

Votes: 11 45.8%

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • 1080P

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

erkme73

Reactions
I have mine set nearly exclusively to 4K UHD (3840x2160, 30). I have really only flown with less when experimenting with higher frame rates (slow motion). I am curious if flying (not necessarily recording) creates any more strain on the MP, the RC, or the phone/tablet. For example, would something like signal strength (control or video) be affected negatively by choosing a more taxing resolution? I would think since the downlink is either 1080p or 720p (10 or 20mhz) that the camera's standby resolution shouldn't matter.

Reactions: Fly4grub
3840x2160/30 is the sweet spot for me. Looks the best on my retina MacBook and on my 4k tv. :)

Most of the time I'm flying I don't care about my footage, I'm either in 1080/30 or not recording, otherwise I'll bump up to 4K.

Maybe the poll should read when capturing Arial video what mode do you use most often.

Reactions: Andrew F
Most of the time I'm flying I don't care about my footage, I'm either in 1080/30 or not recording, otherwise I'll bump up to 4K.

Maybe the poll should read when capturing Arial video what mode do you use most often.

That's a good point. I'm actually after the 'flying' resolution, not recording. I'd do 1080 if there was some net benefit (i.e. more fluid or more reliable downlink video feed). But since I prefer the 4k (future proofing my videos, and they do look awesome on my 4k sets), I'd be afraid to forget to put it back to 4k, and capture fleeting events in the wrong/lower res.

Reactions: _milo_
On my tests I couldn't see a difference between 2.7 and 4K. Since I'm going to play the content in 1080P TV, I selected the 2.7K for easier editing.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143