DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pollen !!??

NITEWULF

Reactions
Does anyone know the effect of pollen on these machines, or how to clean it out of them? Would a standard computer keyboard cleaner like a low pressurized air jet nozzle be advisable?

Reactions: mnis
Thats a good question. In Georgia, every morning there is a layer of thick green pollen on my car. Breathing it is bad enough, but it could clog things up in your fan assembly.

After a flight, visibly inspect your fan for pollen, and if there is some, try to not blow it further inside. Get out what you can from the outside, but try not to blow it further inside.

Reactions: macoman and mnis
I can honestly say POLLEN has never been on my radar for concerns.

I have aircraft with hundreds of hours logged (many flown during the busy pollen season) and it's never crossed my mind in the least.

Last week I was shooting on a Commercial Construction site and we launched from an area that pollen tended to "accumulate" at. When we powered up it was a pollen storm but after the day was over I just wiped the aircraft off with a soft cloth while I was doing our Post Flight inspections and put it back in the case.

Reactions: mnis
Thats a good question. In Georgia, every morning there is a layer of thick green pollen on my car. Breathing it is bad enough, but it could clog things up in your fan assembly.

After a flight, visibly inspect your fan for pollen, and if there is some, try to not blow it further inside. Get out what you can from the outside, but try not to blow it further inside.
I would assume vacuuming is better...

Just landed in Raleigh Durham 30 minutes ago.
The haze is thick enough to be yellow, and you can also see streaks of pollen in the water.
So yeah, depending where you are in the world, it can be good to keep the Gimbal clean!

PS: this pic was not taken from a drone.
9d7c0ae40976eb14449e5c543ffdf5cd.jpg

The haze is thick enough to be yellow, and you can also see streaks of pollen in the water.
So yeah, depending where you are in the world, it can be good to keep the Gimbal clean!

Same here in Atlanta! Half of it is probably in my nostrils. Yuck!

Wow - I'm getting hay-fever just looking at that photo!

So you can see first hand the nature of the concern.

Reactions: Former Member
Here you guys are talking about spring and it’s halfway through and 24” into a 30” snowstorm here. 69050

If pollen is anything like snow then get a vacuum with car cleaning attachments that have the little brushes on them. Helps get the junk out of the hard to reach places.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54