DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

poor quality blurry 48mp shot from mavic air 2

Tatankha

Reactions
Hello Everyone
I tested the camera of my new Mavic air 2 during my first fly and back home I realized that the 48MB pictures I took were blurry not up to the quality I saw elsewhere or even close to my Iphone. Lost of details , blurry details to a point that I suspected some vibration of some sort. The videos, though are very nice. I tried again today by just taking my drone outside, putting it on a table without flying suspecting a problem from the gimbal. Same result. the 48MB is bad. . Also the DNG file is 92MP. why? Did somebody experienced the same problem?
Thank you for any help! Sorry I can't attach even a zip file of the picture. What's the size limit?
Richard

Last edited:
Reactions: DynoTech
Hi
Please use the link below to download the sample picture. Look at the trees foliage for instance , how the details are blurry, fuzzy, the all picture actually!

Thank you!

Hi
Please use the link below to download the sample picture. Look at the trees foliage for instance , how the details are blurry, fuzzy, the all picture actually!

Thank you!

That's not a public link, so the file isn't accessible.

zoom on the trees foliage in the middle of
the picture...
on further review, that picture is not bad at all. I looked at the metadata and saw that it was shot at ISO 100 with a shutter speed of 1/400.

So then I looked harder at the picture. And it's what one should expect from a quad bayer array. It actually looks clean, and with a denoise in Lightroom it should look great.

Those trees in the center are two different trees, with slight color changes, at a distance. It would be hard for a 12x4=48MP camera to figure out.

Reactions: Gilbertlopez1
ok I can do thatwith lightroom. but I was expecting something sharper. The RAW file is not better. I guest I used to work with better outpout from My D800.... I know it's not comparable ... what do you mean 4X12mp. ? the 48MP is an interpolation of the 12MP sensor?

ok I can do thatwith lightroom. but I was expecting something sharper. The RAW file is not better. I guest I used to work with better outpout from My D800....
Okay, try hitting it with about 33 on the noise filter, bump contrast by 5

That's why I shoot 5aeb panos though. So much more info.

I can't see any serious issues in that sample.
but I was expecting something sharper.
But distant tree leaves is not the right subject for determining image quality.
Try shooting something with hard detail and closer to the camera.
A well lit brick wall, side of the house etc.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54