DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 1 Port Elliot Rocks - South Australia

Grippy

Reactions
I've got to say that I am impressed with the little Air, the wind was quite strong at the location with the storm approaching, the little guy did get a bit wet as it hit too and the wind was howling in the morning on top of the hill with the sun rising over the water, it had quite the lean to it in the air but remained rock solid and I was quite confident to take it out over the rocks and water.
The footage seems jittery after rendering it with Davinci, the raw footage is buttery smooth, I tried many different options and this one seemed the best, I am new to video however, so it's quite the learning curve.

Here's a pic from the Air, it's a couple stitched together
Untitled_Panorama1

And a couple from my K3 - this is why I was there, for some nice long exposures.
P3II4931
Port Elliot Pano
P3II4904

Hi Grippy,

The video is a bit jerky. Do you have you timeline and source video set at the same frame rate? Again on export frame rate correct?

Reactions: Grippy
Hi Grippy,

The video is a bit jerky. Do you have you timeline and source video set at the same frame rate? Again on export frame rate correct?
Yeah, I tried to link it all up but I reckon I stuffed it up, haha, I might start again with it. Still learning with it.

Well done! Nice area for flying. Video editing can be a bit tricky but gets easier with more experience.

I've got to say that I am impressed with the little Air, the wind was quite strong at the location with the storm approaching, the little guy did get a bit wet as it hit too and the wind was howling in the morning on top of the hill with the sun rising over the water, it had quite the lean to it in the air but remained rock solid and I was quite confident to take it out over the rocks and water.
The footage seems jittery after rendering it with Davinci, the raw footage is buttery smooth, I tried many different options and this one seemed the best, I am new to video however, so it's quite the learning curve.

Here's a pic from the Air, it's a couple stitched together
Untitled_Panorama1

And a couple from my K3 - this is why I was there, for some nice long exposures.
P3II4931
Port Elliot Pano
P3II4904
I love the slow, milky water scenes. I assume you are using an ND10 filter like the Lee filter for slow shutter speeds.

Good one Ian, you're keen getting up that early (if you drove down from town).
Saw the camera shots too, photographer explains the early hour.
Hopefully we'll get some nice sunshine here and there aver the next 4 or 5 days.

I love the slow, milky water scenes. I assume you are using an ND10 filter like the Lee filter for slow shutter speeds.
Hi mate, yep, using an Ice ND1000 filter for the camera shots, allows 30 seconds in full sunlight.

Good one Ian, you're keen getting up that early (if you drove down from town).
Saw the camera shots too, photographer explains the early hour.
Hopefully we'll get some nice sunshine here and there aver the next 4 or 5 days.
Yeah, we stayed at McCracken, I'm a shocking sleeper, so getting out of the hotel early and not wandering around and annoying the Mrs and kids is a good thing, plus getting to see the sunrise is always awesome. I was dodging rain bands on the first morning.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Hi mate, yep, using an Ice ND1000 filter for the camera shots, allows 30 seconds in full sunlight.
These are all using a Lee 10 stop filter- Godafoss Waterfall in Iceland, and shots of Acadia National Park, Maine USA

Attachments

• Acadia-Thunderhole-Surf-Lee-10ND.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
  • GodafossWaterfall-slow-water-lorez.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • SlowWater-LeeFilter-.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 5
These are all using a Lee 10 stop filter- Godafoss Waterfall in Iceland, and shots of Acadia National Park, Maine USA
Nice, I love the pic of the waterfall.
I love using ND filters, my first one above was still a little underexposed at iso400 and 5min exposure ?
The on of the cove is a Pano of 6 30 second shots, had to move quick as the light was changing fast

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom