DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Portable hard drives as don't have laptop

Andyc240

Reactions
Just wondering does anyone know if there is any half decent hard drives that can read the sd cards when I see dji have there own but nearly £300 for it, anyone know a cheaper alternative as heading to South Africa in 2 weeks and don't want to have to bring about 15 micro sd cards lol

Reactions: Andyc240
I have used a dongle to my phone (Samsung S9+) that has an SD card slot and a USB A port in conjunction with a portable USB hard drive.

Plug the dongle in and connect the hard drive and insert your SD card. You can then use the file app on the phone to transfer the files from the SD to the hard drive. Its not automated but can be accomplished for well under $100 depending on how big of a hard drive you want.

I could highly recommend this guy. It auto copies from your card when you insert it, and you can view all the content on an iPad or something similar.
Wow. I had no idea this existed. Really cool!

I have used a dongle to my phone (Samsung S9+) that has an SD card slot and a USB A port in conjunction with a portable USB hard drive.

Plug the dongle in and connect the hard drive and insert your SD card. You can then use the file app on the phone to transfer the files from the SD to the hard drive. Its not automated but can be accomplished for well under $100 depending on how big of a hard drive you want.
I would normally do this but have the huawei p30 pro and they have there own brand of sd card which normal sd cards don't fit ??

The dongle I use has a standard SD card slot....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3