DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Portable power banks for Mavic Air

Mavić_Legenda

Reactions
This could be a long shot but does anyone have experience with using smart power banks for MA like the generic one pictured here? It looks like the branded Anbee one but it’s not branded, still 25000 mAh supposedly, and fairly cheap on that auction site. I would get Anbee but shipping not possible from US to Australia. Thank you

Heavy mass?
Consider upwards hike 2hours into target
Does it have 300 cycles mortality?

I don't own the power bank but, a while ago I was looking for one too. I have watched tons of YouTube rewiews and If I will go for any, it would be a smatree power bank, which is a bit expensive. You can get it from AliExpress for approx. £100. The one on the picture is actually branded. Yx is well known Chinese producer of power supplies, power banks and many other electronic stuff. I own their charger for my Air, nearly a year now, and it works perfect charging 3 batteries at once in 40min..
This could be a long shot but does anyone have experience with using smart power banks for MA like the generic one pictured here? It looks like the branded Anbee one but it’s not branded, still 25000 mAh supposedly, and fairly cheap on that auction site. I would get Anbee but shipping not possible from US to Australia. Thank you

View attachment 76794

Reactions: PhilGood301-air
I don't own the power bank but, a while ago I was looking for one too. I have watched tons of YouTube rewiews and If I will go for any, it would be a smatree power bank, which is a bit expensive. You can get it from AliExpress for approx. £100. The one on the picture is actually branded. Yx is well known Chinese producer of power supplies, power banks and many other electronic stuff. I own their charger for my Air, nearly a year now, and it works perfect charging 3 batteries at once in 40min..
Thanks very much, just found a similar post on this forum from last year that mentions this same powerbank: Yx charger / power bank: anyone tried it?

I bought this one from Amazon and I've field tested it. It works great. I could fly all day on 4 batteries. It also charges the Iphone and the controller along with 3 batteries. Stop for lunch and continue flying that afternoon. Don't pick a fast food place, it does need 45 minutes. It also charges all three batteries at the same time, no waiting charging station.JPG

Reactions: Mike Shock
As said above, the Smarter portable charger is the one to go with if you really need a portable charging solution. I am very happy with mine. My only disappointment with it, wish it had two USB power outlets instead of just the one. You cannot charge both your phone and the remote controller at once. Other than that, it performs most excellently.

Anyone know if there's a smaller version of this that can do 2 batteries only?

I've seen on some airline T&C's that you cannot bring on-board or check-in luggage a lipo device exceeding 150wh - so this one at 158Wh might not be able to come with if you're travelling?

Is there one that charges 2 batteries? Couldn't find much on Amazon, the only 2-cell charger is for Mavic Pro.

i still would rather have carbon based fueled generator specific for the durate, just like instant hot water is made on the fly, and stops immediately, until next demand
it can be very compact, like size of boiled egg, less fuel

Omnicharge Ultimate or the Omnicharge 20+

These both have available direct DC out and specific cables can be purchased for Mavic Pro,Air and Phantom.

Omnicharge Ultimate or the Omnicharge 20+

These both have available direct DC out and specific cables can be purchased for Mavic Pro,Air and Phantom.
Two pound mass? 3? or flyweight Li-IonPolymer halfpound? Recall hiking trail thirst single cup of drinking water is halfpound

Anyone know if there's a smaller version of this that can do 2 batteries only?

I've seen on some airline T&C's that you cannot bring on-board or check-in luggage a lipo device exceeding 150wh - so this one at 158Wh might not be able to come with if you're travelling?

Is there one that charges 2 batteries? Couldn't find much on Amazon, the only 2-cell charger is for Mavic Pro.

160Wh is the limit for all airlines that I’ve checked. I’ve flown with mine quite a bit domestically in the US and never had problems. Here is a review I did last year in it and I still use it as my main charger for my Mavic Air. I just picked one up for the mAvic 2 as well, but haven’t used it enough yet to form an opinion.

Reactions: irpnetgb
I bought the same Yx USB power bank off eBay probably 6 months ago and have had no problems with it. The main thing to watch is that the charging IN port (mains) is the same size as the port that the cords plug in that charge the batteries! As long as your aware of that and double check before connecting either cable you should be good. I’m happy with the quality and it doesn’t get overly warm being charged or charging - but I’m still cautious and won’t use it inside or in the car unattended - as you should charging normally. I have also use it to charge my controller, phone, camera and GoPro batteries.

I have a friend who bought the smartree but claims after using it 2 batteries were damaged after a few charging cycles. Not sure it is related to the smartree. Now she switched to the Yx and is hppy. Much lighter and smaller than smartree. I also just bought one and it works fine. Biggest plus for the Yx is the fact that they use 5 x 18650 batteries (5000 mAh). So these can be easily replaced with new ones.U get it cheap anywhere online. There are good ones like Panasonic and many other Chinese suppliers. Therefore price varies.

yes i was wondering a portable power bank smartree seems a good combo but kinda pricey 160 euros and atm its not available on amazon in europe. dang

yes i was wondering a portable power bank smartree seems a good combo but kinda pricey 160 euros and atm its not available on amazon in europe. dang
I bought mine in May for 130 from amazon.de. It is still listed there (see here) but it is 156.99 now. Even at 130, I also felt it was pricey and it was not an easy purchase for me. But I am glad I bought it. If you often find yourself in an environment where you have no access to the electricity grid for days, it is totally worth it in my opinion. If you only need it once or twice a year, I am not sure if it is worth the money. I guess only you can decide if it is worth the price or not.

Performance wise, I have found it to be absolutely fantastic. Yes, it takes an awfully long time for the powerbank itself to charge (about 5 hours if you are starting from 0). But once you have it charged up, charging the MA batteries is as easy as pushing them into the slots and turning the charger on. It is way more convenient than the DJI charger. I have had absolutely no issues at all with it**. If you have specific questions about it, I will be more than glad to answer them based on my experience.
**- I have however noticed that it usually charges the batteries to 97% rather than 100%. I am not sure if this is just an isolated case with mine or if it is by design. I normally don't mind this at all; if I need the extra 3% of juice, I wait for a few minutes after the batteries have stoped blinking and turn the charger on again. It tops them off to about 99% that way.

Reactions: Latawiec
I bought mine in May for 130 from amazon.de. It is still listed there (see here) but it is 156.99 now. Even at 130, I also felt it was pricey and it was not an easy purchase for me. But I am glad I bought it. If you often find yourself in an environment where you have no access to the electricity grid for days, it is totally worth it in my opinion. If you only need it once or twice a year, I am not sure if it is worth the money. I guess only you can decide if it is worth the price or not.

Performance wise, I have found it to be absolutely fantastic. Yes, it takes an awfully long time for the powerbank itself to charge (about 5 hours if you are starting from 0). But once you have it charged up, charging the MA batteries is as easy as pushing them into the slots and turning the charger on. It is way more convenient than the DJI charger. I have had absolutely no issues at all with it**. If you have specific questions about it, I will be more than glad to answer them based on my experience.
**- I have however noticed that it usually charges the batteries to 97% rather than 100%. I am not sure if this is just an isolated case with mine or if it is by design. I normally don't mind this at all; if I need the extra 3% of juice, I wait for a few minutes after the batteries have stoped blinking and turn the charger on again. It tops them off to about 99% that way.

Thx for the response and nice to ear that! The link you provided is the same amazon shop i saw and after a little research i have found it at 140 euros! But the shop seems to have a chinese adress ! I'm afraid i will have to pay import duties... Just a question to run your drone non stop using this charger you need 4-5 batteries to be able to wait the battery to cool down before you charge it again? And how many batteries can you charge if you return to home around 25-30% charged

You can get the charger much cheaper from AliExpress. It may take few weeks to get it delivered but is worth the wait to save some money. In terms of experience with AliExpress, I am buying from them for last 2 years without any issues.

I have three batteries and that is usually enough to allow me to fly almost non stop. I often go with all three batteries fully charged and by the time I am done with the third, the first one I used is nearly ready for another go. How soon you can charge a battery after you have just flown with it depends on how hot the day is. In my case, I allow them to cool off for at least 10 minutes before I put them on the charger. I also let the MA cool down for about 5 minutes between each successive flight. So I think 3 batteries is enough but I guess four would be even better (however also take in to consideration how long the remote controller will last).

As for how many batteries you can get out of it, I have charged 6 batteries + the remote controller + two phones with a little bit of juice still left in it (perhaps enough to charge one more battery but I didn't test it). Usually though, I find that the remote controller runs low on battery after about 6 or 7 flights so that is about as much you can expect one session to last before you have to call it a day (since the remote controller takes a while to charge).

I have three batteries and that is usually enough to allow me to fly almost non stop. I often go with all three batteries fully charged and by the time I am done with the third, the first one I used is nearly ready for another go. How soon you can charge a battery after you have just flown with it depends on how hot the day is. In my case, I allow them to cool off for at least 10 minutes before I put them on the charger. I also let the MA cool down for about 5 minutes between each successive flight. So I think 3 batteries is enough but I guess four would be even better (however also take in to consideration how long the remote controller will last).

As for how many batteries you can get out of it, I have charged 6 batteries + the remote controller + two phones with a little bit of juice still left in it (perhaps enough to charge one more battery but I didn't test it). Usually though, I find that the remote controller runs low on battery after about 6 or 7 flights so that is about as much you can expect one session to last before you have to call it a day (since the remote controller takes a while to charge).
yeah i was wondering that! i own 3 batteries and i think is fair enough if i need extra juice i will manage to borrow a gas generator !

as far as aliexpress never got a chance to buy something there. i know is cheap but i dont want to wait so much otherwise summer will be over soon....

I bought this one from Amazon and I've field tested it. It works great. I could fly all day on 4 batteries. It also charges the Iphone and the controller along with 3 batteries. Stop for lunch and continue flying that afternoon. Don't pick a fast food place, it does need 45 minutes. It also charges all three batteries at the same time, no waiting View attachment 76835
I've got such a portable charging station as well, and I'm very satisfied with it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7