DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Portland area pilots

Matthew Kort

Reactions
Hey guys just seeing who's all out in Portland area, I went from a phantom2 to the mavic, big learning curve but fun to fly.
0f148cf77f022c5b24aaa6476a69de6e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Not from Portland, just saying hi. Cool pic. I too went from p2v+ to mavic (as far as my prebuilt rigs), and I agree, very different!!! Only bought new because I didn't want to spend 200 bucks to buy the new wifi module for the p2 lol.

Enjoy.

Dave.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Matthew Kort
Not from Portland, just saying hi. Cool pic. I too went from p2v+ to mavic (as far as my prebuilt rigs), and I agree, very different!!! Only bought new because I didn't want to spend 200 bucks to buy the new wifi module for the p2 lol.

Enjoy.

Dave.

Haha ya it was either i go to lightbridge , or upgrade to the p3's. But waited it out cause i knew something new would be out eventually and thank goodness i waited it out.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Enjoy.

Dave.

Funny i did the exact same. My first drone was a p2vision plus that had no cam or gimbal. I put a gopro on it, then realized what it cost to buy the cam versus what a new one complete cost ($300 new) so i decided to go all in for the mavic and skip the phantom series all together.

Im just getting my feet wet now but I can tell this will be my main money pit hobby for a long time moving forward. Im already plotting out how to get an inspire 2 lol.

I just ordered the mavic today and they guaranty shipment by jan 18th now that they are caught up with back orders.

It would be cool to get with some other mavic pilots for a session... maybe learn some new things. Or do a group collaborated video of some local event?

eugene here...

I received my drone yesterday and missed out on the great weather from the weekend for flying. Looks like it's going to be pretty rainy for the next several days! :(

I received my drone yesterday and missed out on the great weather from the weekend for flying. Looks like it's going to be pretty rainy for the next several days! :(

No worries good weather will be here soon. Deff got updates to do haha i had a bunch

I'm in Hillsboro. Just received my Mavic last week but have been grounded due to weather. It would be great to get together with other pilots in the area especially since this is my first drone.

I am in Vancouver, got my Mavic last week. Has been alot of rain here lately, so I am hoping to get some flying time in this weekend.

Today was a much better day to fly! Unfortunately my ND filters won't pass the gimbal initialization so I have to get some new ones...

Tomorrow, heading to St Helens

Yes! Was a much better day today. I did 3 or 4 flights around my neighborhood at 60m elevation. I love the Magic, it did great. However, I took it up to 120m one time straight up and on that flight my Android DJI App kept crashing. I was able to bring it back down manually, but it was frightening all the same. Once I had it on the ground, I rebooted my phone and it was fine after that. Not sure on what is up there. Will need to do some research. I think the RTH will still work on the controller without the APP running.

Yes! Was a much better day today. I did 3 or 4 flights around my neighborhood at 60m elevation. I love the Magic, it did great. However, I took it up to 120m one time straight up and on that flight my Android DJI App kept crashing. I was able to bring it back down manually, but it was frightening all the same. Once I had it on the ground, I rebooted my phone and it was fine after that. Not sure on what is up there. Will need to do some research. I think the RTH will still work on the controller without the APP running.

It will RTH without the app. It's android operating system basically I have an android phone and I had to get an iPad mini two with Wi-Fi and cellular and have had no problems ever since my android kept crashing also

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Love the video! Really good. May I ask what software your using in post-prod?

Thanks! Just use Premiere CC, pretty basic adjustments. I'm going to Cabo in a couple weeks and I'm going to try to make a 'fancier' video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7