DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Portrait orientation stitched together for panoramic landscape?

joonrhee

Reactions
Hi, I don't have my Mavic yet but wanted to know if anyone tried it yet..

I'm a photographer and one of my main reasons for willing to try out the drone for the first time is to take panoramic landscapes with stitched portrait shots. This way I think I can get the most megapixel / higher image quality out of the Mavic camera.

Has anyone tried this yet? If yes, can anyone kindly share or send me an email with final image (RAW preferred but JPG would be fine too)? Thank you so much in advance!

I tried portrait mode today but was at the wrong side of a lake to get a decent image as the sun was behind the lake making exposure a b****h and I was all fingers and thumbs with the smaller touch screen on my phone compared with a tablet when trying to set first the exposure point and then the focus. Below is the result from Lightroom stitching two portrait shots. Once I get change to take 3-4 shots in a decent location I will share the original files for you.

DJI_0030-Pano.jpg

Thank you very much for sharing.. And yes, please do share your 3-4 stitched images or even 6-7 images stitched.

Do you actually notice dramatically better IQ by stitching? If there is any way I can see anyone's full resolution picture (perhaps via flickr or your own website? I don't know..), I'd greatly appreciate it. I'd love to pixel peep on some of the stitched images.

Thanks again.

I don't know if it can answer your question because i don't understand english perfectly but here is a video where the pilot is using different video and photo settings.
And he is doing a portrait panorama at 4:38 and share the result on his website. Have a look! Maybe it can help you to decide.

I don't know if it can answer your question because i don't understand english perfectly but here is a video where the pilot is using different video and photo settings.
And he is doing a portrait panorama at 4:38 and share the result on his website. Have a look! Maybe it can help you to decide.

Thanks for the link. It does look like he took a panoramic shot with 3-4 portrait photos stitched. I left a message on his youtube asking about it, as I couldn't find a final full rez picture on his website.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom