DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ports on AC, RC

ufgatorvet

Reactions
Hi All-

As I continue to [im]patiently wait for a shipping notification, I have some noobie questions about the ports on the drone and the RC.

I have searched for this info but coming up short ...

Can someone described the ports that are on the back of the drone? Is it a USB-C port? For charging a battery? For data transfer?

If one were to have 4 batteries, 3 could be charged with the hub and one simultaneously while installed in the drone?

What ports are on the RC and what cable is used to charge the RC. It appears that in the FM kit, there is a USB-C to USB-A cable ... (?) is this to attach to the hub, and then the RC? It seems that everything would be charged faster if the RC was charged with a separate charger (perhaps the 18W that is sold on dji.com).

Sorry for basic questions, but just trying to understand the various connections.

Thank you!

Hi All-

As I continue to [im]patiently wait for a shipping notification, I have some noobie questions about the ports on the drone and the RC.

I have searched for this info but coming up short ...

Can someone described the ports that are on the back of the drone? Is it a USB-C port? For charging a battery? For data transfer?

If one were to have 4 batteries, 3 could be charged with the hub and one simultaneously while installed in the drone?

What ports are on the RC and what cable is used to charge the RC. It appears that in the FM kit, there is a USB-C to USB-A cable ... (?) is this to attach to the hub, and then the RC? It seems that everything would be charged faster if the RC was charged with a separate charger (perhaps the 18W that is sold on dji.com).

Sorry for basic questions, but just trying to understand the various connections.

Thank you!
It's a USB-C port for charging and data connection.
The power depends on the charger. While the included one is a 18 W only, more powerful bricks can deliver more wattage and therefore faster cycles - however not infinitely, the respective charging protocoll controls that anyway.

I am using a 100 W multiple charger and the battery peaked at 12 V, 3.3 A, for a total of 40 W loading.

Yeah, with a charger with multi-ports or more chargers, you can do so, and charge the battery in the drone and one battery in the hub. Notice, that the hub does so sequentially not parallel via the USB-C in. The USB-A is for power out, if you would like charge other peripherals (sadly, the USB-C is always only IN).

3rd party chargers will definitely be able to power multiple batteries at once (but most likely with another power supply needed).

The RC only has USB-C IN, not USB-A socket anymore.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61