DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Possible camera issue with MP2

henlopendrone

Reactions
I've experienced what seems to be a random issue. On occasion when starting up the MP2 and Smart Controller the camera feed is blank (grey). Everything appears to be working except my camera feed. I'm not sure if its a sequence starting up issue or what? To correct the problem I power down both the MP2 and SC and keep trying, eventually the camera feed is restored. Any ideas on what might be causing this seemingly random issue?

Reactions: Jet skier
I've experienced what seems to be a random issue. On occasion when starting up the MP2 and Smart Controller the camera feed is blank (grey). Everything appears to be working except my camera feed. I'm not sure if its a sequence starting up issue or what? To correct the problem I power down both the MP2 and SC and keep trying, eventually the camera feed is restored. Any ideas on what might be causing this seemingly random issue?
Not sure what it is I just got a smart controller and I am noticing occasional problem where the record button doesn’t function or picture snap button does not function And like you I rebooted it and then it seems to work

Perhaps u want to try with a stock controller and your phone to isolate where the problem is coming from, bird or SC?

This has been addressed and is a known Smart Controller problem. Your camera is fine. When I find this I just use the “back” button to get to the settings swipe down menu. Scroll down and do a force stop of DJI GO4 app. Then restart the GO 4 app and go fly. It is a software issue I believe. I also have used the above discussed technique of booting the aircraft and then the SC. That seems to work-so far. But a restart of the GO 4 app always fixes this. DJI seems mute on this subject apparently.

Reactions: Chiuki
I have read that the controller should alway be started BEFORE the drone. To me that makes a lot of sense so the drone immediately locks on to the controller. Which is it?

Wow, this lack of video issue comes up a lot with the SC ! I've had it happen several times. I have never had it happen when I use this start up procedure:

1) turn on SC and wait for the "connect to YOUR DRONE" screen-- don't push GO yet.
2) Turn on AC and wait for 'music' from AC and buzz from SC-- controller screen changes to "MAVIC 2 GO"
3) Push the GO button f
4) push the GO FLY button

Reactions: Brice McMillan
This is odd because ive had my M2P for almost a year with over thousand flights and this problem happened to me only one time and that was a few days ago. I had to reboot SC and uav several times before image showed up in SC. It's never happened before though...

Thank you for all the feedback. I had several flights yesterday and all without issue. For those flights I started the AC first then SC. Previously, I might have been starting both AC and SC around the same time causing connectivity problems. Hopefully, all good now, thanks.

I have read that the controller should alway be started BEFORE the drone. To me that makes a lot of sense so the drone immediately locks on to the controller. Which is it?
Exactly. You don't want a drone on without your RC controlling it. Less risky.

Theoretically, and historically, it should be the other way around. Starting up the M2P without a controller for it to link to could potentially cause unpredictable results.
Theoretically, and historically, it should be the other way around. Starting up the M2P without a controller for it to link to could potentially cause unpredictable results.

As you said "historically".. this was an old habit.. no need anymore in new models

So just to be clear on this, it's recommended and or okay to startup the AC then the SC...right? I'm followed this instruction since the first recommendation and so far without issue. However, keeping in mind that blank screen issue seemed totally random I will continue to monitor and report in on my progress. Again, thanks to all the comments.

Reactions: Tasos GR
I just had this issue (June 28 2020) with my new SC and M2P - restarted everything several times. nothing. Took the SD card out of the smart controller (a post on DJI Forum suggested it), nothing. Everything updated to the lastest versions. Shut down the M2P and took out the SD card and started it up without the card, video feed started working normally. Shut M2P down, reinserted the SC card and restarted, now working normally.
Strange thing - even though I had no video feed from the M2P, I could take a picture and play it back on the SC. Also could control the gimbal movements, so nothing was not working except the video feed from the M2P to the SC.... and of course it's Sunday, so no tech support, because who needs support on the weekend .... ?

Like I said, everything is up-to-date.
Are other people experiencing this issue still?
Has this been addressed by DJI yet? Why has this not been resolved in an update yet? It could be a huge problem, and dangerous!

I just had this issue (June 28 2020) with my new SC and M2P - restarted everything several times. nothing. Took the SD card out of the smart controller (a post on DJI Forum suggested it), nothing. Everything updated to the lastest versions. Shut down the M2P and took out the SD card and started it up without the card, video feed started working normally. Shut M2P down, reinserted the SC card and restarted, now working normally.
Strange thing - even though I had no video feed from the M2P, I could take a picture and play it back on the SC. Also could control the gimbal movements, so nothing was not working except the video feed from the M2P to the SC.... and of course it's Sunday, so no tech support, because who needs support on the weekend .... ?

Like I said, everything is up-to-date.
Are other people experiencing this issue still?
Has this been addressed by DJI yet? Why has this not been resolved in an update yet? It could be a huge problem, and dangerous!

Always start first the M2P, wait 5'' and then start the Smart Controller

Still having the issues with the smart controller Dji has rebuilt it twice and it is in for a third time they do not admit any problems after the first year is up on it then what . No warranty then

I am confused.

The user manual says start the controller, then turn on the drone.

Right?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada