DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Possible firmware update is messing up my drone ?

geelong6grant

Reactions
Good day from Melbourne Australia.
This is what’s happening with my mavic pro 1.
ive just had the bird fixed after an accidental meeting with a tree ( not the aircrafts fault / my stupidity flying in too much wind )

But the guy who fixed it said he updated the firmware and he gave it a test flight and said all was ok , but I nearly had a fly off yesterday Compass error etc. Lost all control with it Took the rth button to get it back.
i purchased the bird as a refurbished unit in sept and have done 140’ trouble free flights not one issue with compass

I rang therepairer who suggested the compass possibly might have been damaged in the crash , but he asked me to test a set up with no props etc and I found imu error and severe compass error came up
took 3 attempts to get the compass flight ready Never had this issue before.

Attachments

• C90281E7-3E08-4841-B4FE-342EABD7034B.png
    C90281E7-3E08-4841-B4FE-342EABD7034B.png
    914 KB · Views: 28
  • DFC366B6-B383-476A-B777-2129113CE982.png
    DFC366B6-B383-476A-B777-2129113CE982.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 28
Don't fly into trees, send it only to a DJI certified tech, and of course you didn't have issues before..it wasn't smashed into a tree :p Your tech either needs it back or refund you some or all and send it to someone more qualified to fix the thing and test it right. IMHO. ;) BTW NEVER hit RTH if your having compass issues. Also note to not think a firmware update is the problem when 10,000's are using it and without issue. :)

Reactions: dawgpilot
Well ... think you're jumping to conclusions way to early. As said in an earlier thread where you brought this up, the logs is needed in order to say anything ... those pics you attached aren't logs, it's only screen shots from your app. Without proper logs the only thing you will get is speculations ...

Go here and read up on how to retrieve the logs from the mobile device you flew with --> Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide (read under section 3.). Interesting in this case is both the mobile device .TXT and .DAT log. Retrieve both & attach them in a new post here ...

Reactions: geelong6grant
But the guy who fixed it said he updated the firmware and he gave it a test flight and said all was ok , but I nearly had a fly off yesterday Compass error etc. Lost all control with it
Your incident had nothing to do with firmware.
Was the drone out of control when it was making those perfect curves?

Post your flight data if you want to find out what actually happened.

Reactions: geelong6grant
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom