DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Possible to install iPhone 7 Plus + a case in controller?

Mark Comerford

Reactions
Hi all,
Apologies if this question has been asked before but has anyone managed to install an iPhone 7 plus with a case in the controller and if so, which case was it?

I'm generally finding it a pain to remove my current case every time I install the phone in to the controller, plus I'm always weary of dropping the phone on the floor unprotected. :(

Any input most welcome.

Thanks.

Most of the regular cases will fit if you pop the lightning connector out of the controller arm and connect it to the phone. Then you can slide the phone into the controller arms. It won't go all the way in but the arms will hold it tight and you will also now have access to the home button. Theres another thread somewhere with pictures of this. I have the Speck Presidio Clear case and it works great.

Last edited:
I'm generally finding it a pain to remove my current case every time I install the phone in to the controller
You could also mod the remote controller like this or this to make your phone fit with the case attached.

Hi all,
Apologies if this question has been asked before but has anyone managed to install an iPhone 7 plus with a case in the controller and if so, which case was it?

I'm generally finding it a pain to remove my current case every time I install the phone in to the controller, plus I'm always weary of dropping the phone on the floor unprotected. :(

Any input most welcome.

Thanks.

I using the iPhone 7 Plus with the Apple silicon case. All ok

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Thank you for all of your input! I quite like the idea of the MavMount as it will enable me to use an iPad Mini in the future so I will probably (eventually) invest in one of those.

For the moment I'll look through all of the cases that have been suggested here and decide which one suits me the best. :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilTone