DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Possible unique question.

DroningVirgin

Reactions
How does the Mavic Air get on with volcanic ash in the air?

I'm lucky enough (or unlucky) that I'll be near some active volcanoes soon and I'd let to get some shots of them, however does anyone know if ash can cause any major damage?

Usually the ash is only thin and not like a black cloud, more like a haze. My concerns would be ash getting inside or possibly scratching a lens but I think it would be quite rare.

Thoughts? Any experience?

Thank you.

I think if your flying near a volcanoe, your taking a risk no matter what. I would still do it though, and Id fly in and out as quick as possible because heat would be my main concern.

A unique chance to answer the question for all the world to see: just try it out and let us know.

Hawaii? I show some photos (from the ground) where the lava hits the water, and the heat caused it's own weather system around it, with 6 water spouts nearby.
And depending on the ash, it can be abrasive and create static charges around it. Seen photo's of ash clouds from a volcano with it's own lightning.
Fly with caution. If you still intend to fly, make sure video recording is on and video is store locally on the phone, just in case, so you still got something to post and share here. ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato