DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Possibly me

Music One

Reactions
Flew last night to catch a little bit of the sunset. Took off manually as I normally do. As it lifted up to around 12ft where it hovered whilst I set the video mode etc, the MA yawed to the right going up. I cannot be sure if my thumb was slightly pushing right at the same time. Also at about 100ft it suddenly lost connection and entered RTH. Again I cannot be sure if I had the controller pointing toward to MA or fiddling with the camera settings again. It did come back on line and I cancelled the RTH and did a bit more filming and landed all none the worse for ware. The weather is going to be bad the next few days so its unlikely and can get out and repeat the process using auto take to see what happens etc. In the meantime any comments would be appreciated. Should I re calibrate the IMU or anything else just in case while Im waiting to get back out. Thanks in anticipation.

It is slightly built up. I did check before I flew an optimum band to fly with. There were several green lines hardly visible in the 2k range and chose one of them. Wherever I am flying I always do this check but this is the first time its happened since Ive had the MA about 4 months ago. I do think the antenna were off line with the MA, but as I said I cant be that sure. I guess it wouldnt hurt if I did some re calibrating ?

And even just to review your stick inputs you can do that in the go4 app. Select flight records, then the flight. On the bottom is an icon for the RC. If you select it and play the flight record (select the play icon) you can replay the flight and the RC graphic will show stick inputs visually and with a % value....

Thanks for the input guys. There was a break in the weather so I went to the same spot and more or less did the same flight with no issues at all. It had to be manual error. I will go and check the flight records though in the Go4 app just in case.

Reactions: deleted member 877
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent