DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Post crash, no gimble control

Bugsyboat

Reactions
I recently crashed into a tall tree (flying in Sport mode and went into a serious screen lag) where my Mavic stayed stuck for a rain soaked weekend. Recovered on Monday when a strong wind blew it out of the tree and I believe it hit a limb on the way down. Popped the battery out and cracked it but everything else looked pretty good. I immersed it in rice for over a week and then tentatively tried it with a new battery. To my amazement, it flew perfectly and seems to be flying fine! I have lost control of the gimble/camera via the rocker wheel on the remote. The camera works and focuses when I tap the screen, but I have no way to control the tilt. I can't see anything obviously broken or out of place, but the camera points slightly to the left after doing it's start-up dance and the image is tilted slightly..... (see attached video). I tried the re-calibrating the gimble, but it doesn't respond to any input via the phone screen, or remote.
Any ideas?

I recently crashed into a tall tree (flying in Sport mode and went into a serious screen lag) where my Mavic stayed stuck for a rain soaked weekend. Recovered on Monday when a strong wind blew it out of the tree and I believe it hit a limb on the way down. Popped the battery out and cracked it but everything else looked pretty good. I immersed it in rice for over a week and then tentatively tried it with a new battery. To my amazement, it flew perfectly and seems to be flying fine! I have lost control of the gimble/camera via the rocker wheel on the remote. The camera works and focuses when I tap the screen, but I have no way to control the tilt. I can't see anything obviously broken or out of place, but the camera points slightly to the left after doing it's start-up dance and the image is tilted slightly..... (see attached video). I tried the re-calibrating the gimble, but it doesn't respond to any input via the phone screen, or remote.
Any ideas?
The gimbal control wire may have become loose or torn, @Thunderdrones can supply you with the parts or fix it. If you do a video search on the internet you can find how to repair.

Need to replace the gimbal motor flex cable. Its damaged. Its not even going through full start up process and you are lucky it accepts post.

Reactions: Bugsyboat
It seems only your pitch motor is affected, could be the motor and not the cable at all. Do you have a "Gimbal obstructed" error?

@Thunderdrones would know better, and be able to fix it for you (cheaply and quickly!)
Yes! I'm getting the Gimbal Obstructed error! I'll try contacting him, thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike