DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Post-drop Errors

spamgnome

Reactions
Hey all, Hoping you can help. I dropped my MA today and now I see a handful of errors.
1) IMU Calibration Required
2) Accelerometer Failed
3) Not able to communicate between controller and gimbal.

When I try to calibrate the IMU, nothing happens. I mean, i tap the star button and absolutely no response.

Any suggestions?
Frank

Bueller?
Hey all, Hoping you can help. I dropped my MA today and now I see a handful of errors.
1) IMU Calibration Required
2) Accelerometer Failed
3) Not able to communicate between controller and gimbal.

When I try to calibrate the IMU, nothing happens. I mean, i tap the star button and absolutely no response.

Any suggestions?
Frank

For (1) and (2), it is possible that the tiny moving parts inside the IMU got stuck. There has been multiple reports in this forum that the problem can be solved by giving it a knock, either on the craft or directly on the IMU chip. These are just two recent threads on the subject :

For (3), you may have to open it up to see whether some connectors have come off or some wires are snapped

Well, thanks to the suggestions, but unfortunately nothing worked. Even took off the cover, but nothing obvious is wrong. In the meantime I solved the issue a different way. PUT IN MY ORDER FOR THE MAVIC AIR 2. :)

Bump. After a thorough teardown, there is absolutely nothing visually wrong inside the drone. All connections are solid and all wires are intact. I'm guessing the only solution is to replace the IMU, but it looks like that's about $50. Before I roll the dice on that, any other suggestions from the collective?

Bump. After a thorough teardown, there is absolutely nothing visually wrong inside the drone. All connections are solid and all wires are intact. I'm guessing the only solution is to replace the IMU, but it looks like that's about $50. Before I roll the dice on that, any other suggestions from the collective?

Controller and gimbal communication issue could be a cracked track in the ribbon cable, they’re quite delicate. There could also be damaged tracks on the Core board that the IMU connects to.

If you are looking at selling it I would get a quote for repair to see if it’s worthwhile.

Controller and gimbal communication issue could be a cracked track in the ribbon cable, they’re quite delicate. There could also be damaged tracks on the Core board that the IMU connects to.

If you are looking at selling it I would get a quote for repair to see if it’s worthwhile.
Thanks. Any recommendations for a repair outfit? Is there potentially a way to sell for parts? I imagine that would probably not be the best option, financially.

Update: in between playing with my new MA2, I once again took the MA1 apart. This time, not seeing ANYTHING out of sorts, I took it TOTALLY apart, including opening up the IMU itself. Gulp. Not seeing anything in there, except for some blue goop, I reassembled everything and powered 'er up. Yup. You guessed it...no errors at all, and a perfect working drone!

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa