DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Post-processing "challenge"

Carlos56

Reactions
I'm always looking for ways to improve my post-processing of photos (and videos). For photos, I had an idea...

What if someone posted an interesting photo and those that are interested can edit it in any style they choose and post their resulting image. It would be interesting to see what emerges. No "winners". Just different results.

This way, ideas, techniques can be explained / exchanged so that we all get better, or we get ideas for different technical / artistic possibilities.

Whatta you think??

An interesting concept Carlos, look forward to seeing other responses
Regards

IMG_0882.png

So... I've been 'cheating' on Photoshop with my new gf - Luminar AI. There are things I love, and things I hate... but bottom line... I can get things done a LOT faster, it can really do some crazy good things at the click of a button. And even add in some fun stuff if you like - like the lightning and a TON of other atmospheric things. For the beginner - it's cheaper and I think easier to use - just move the sliders around. Buy Luminar AI | Skylum

Last edited:
Reactions: Carlos56
I'm always looking for ways to improve my post-processing of photos (and videos). For photos, I had an idea...

What if someone posted an interesting photo and those that are interested can edit it in any style they choose and post their resulting image. It would be interesting to see what emerges. No "winners". Just different results.

This way, ideas, techniques can be explained / exchanged so that we all get better, or we get ideas for different technical / artistic possibilities.

Whatta you think??
I guess you may not have been noticing my efforts at doing this over the past years! I do a screen grab, edit it to my own preferences, and then re-submit it as a before and after. If you can do a screen grab and save the image on your desktop, you can open it in Photoshop and edit it any way you like. I do it for instructional purposes, which is my reason for doing it...not to embarrass the poster but to demonstrate how I feel the image can be improved. I usually do this for sunsets and sunrises where the foreground in under exposed due to high dynamic range, and try to open the foreground using a gradient filter. It makes a world of difference.

Dale
Miami

No, I hadn't noticed your efforts. Great minds think alike. ?

I had done the same thing on some posted images, but for my own practice. I didn't re-post the results, suspecting it might upset the OP.

I'll go back and look for some of your old posts. ?

Carlos

So... I've been 'cheating' on Photoshop with my new gf - Luminar AI.

Thanks for this, itallica.

I like Lightroom, but as with most, I don't like the monthly subscription. Hard to justify for an amateur/hobbyist. I took the free trial of AffinityPhoto that others suggested, but it wasn't to my liking. I just watched a review/demonstration for LuminarAI and was sold. I purchased it and will try it out. I have 30 days to get my money back, but from what I've seen I think it'll meet my needs.

Thanks again.

Reactions: itallica

Whatta you think??
That's often done on Photography forums.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143