DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Post Production Software

petes

Reactions
I'm sure this topic has been beaten like a dead horse but here I go
Is there such a thing as an idiot proof/easy to use post production software with color enhancement?

I downloaded DaVinci Resolve 16 and no matter what settings I had it kept coming up as media expired
Tried everything from D-Log to None Auto, Manual all still came back as Media Expired

Mavis 2 Pro, Brand new SanDisk Extreme Plus SD card formatted it every attempt

Thanks in advance

The problem with DaVinci Resolve 16 is that it now only works on a computer with Windows 10 installed.
If you are using Windows 8 or earlier there is no more support coming from Blackmagic for that platform..thus
Media Expired. I would suggest you try Filmora 9. Learning curve is quick and not as deep as Davinci Resolve.
do the 30 day free trial. if you like-- not expensive at all. Has color enhancement and most of the bells and whistles.
I have been editing for over 20 years use them all for different projects but when editing my drone footage Filmora 9 it is -IMPORT/EXPORT-- Load to Youtube Done! -Handles 4K. Hope this helps!

Filmora-9 is good if one focuses on basic tool-set and ignores splash. FilmoraPro is better and modest for entry cost and sustained cost. Best as I can describe is that the workflow is intuitive hence efficient and runs nice on GPU. I'm still learning would like to discuss further in separate thread RE: M2P color and distortion correction, do ping me. Down side to FilmoraPro is it doesn't handle H265 codec. But Unicovert is offered by same parent company, Wonderware and works seamlessly - I have no affiliation just trying to help other cheapskates like me that have a problem investing in free.

I'm a convert to DaVinci Resolve 16 from premiere. There is a learning curve to go through, but I would not go back to premiere. Resove is well thought out and goes blinding fast if the right hardware is thrown at it. So it is an SSD for the cdrive, at least 32 Gb of fast ram, as many cores on the cpu as you can afford and that cpu should also be fast. An nvidea video card, I use the rtx 2060 super.

Resolve makes much better use of the video card unlike premiere, and once you have the work flow hacked and found where every thing is, you own time will be much more productive.

I would also suggest a 10bit screen if you want to output in HDR to a tv, otherwise 8bit will do. either way shooting in dlog-m is worthwhile for the detail.

I think "Shotcut" is better than "OpenShot" - both free to use, I use "Shotcut" most of the time, Steep learning curve, but worth the effort!

Reactions: brettbrandon
I think "Shotcut" is better than "OpenShot" - both free to use, I use "Shotcut" most of the time, Steep learning curve, but worth the effort!
I will have to check this one out as well, thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag