DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Power Adaptor Questions

Doogmeister

Reactions
Asking this question again for lack of a clear answer:

I stupidly bought my Mavic Mini 2 in basic format rather than with the Flymore Combo so now I have no charging block because bizarrely Mavic doesn't provide one with the drone. I see many USB C chargers on the market but none are exactly rated at the 18watts that Mavic specifies. My question is, does it really matter what the wattage of the power adaptor is, so long as it's at least 18 watts? For example, my MacBook Pro charger is USB C but it's rated at over 80 watts. Would that damage the drone? Or does it simply draw the power it needs and no more? I keep hearing stories about manufactures warning against using generic chargers so I'd like to know once and for all if I need to source the factory charger or if any USB C charger will work. I'm hoping for a technical opinion here rather than "I've been using a generic charger and it seems ok."

Thanks all.

As long as your charger is at least 18-Watts, you should be fine. The battery is a smart battery and will only draw what it needs.

If you get a charger that is less than 18W, then it will just take longer to charge. No harm is done with less or more wattage, as the battery/charge circuit will control the amperage for charging.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000