DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Power Director 15 ... easy to merge GoPro and Mavic footage?

PalmettoAerial

Reactions
I see a lot of threads on the site regarding post production software... so much that its a bit overwhelming (didn't realize how many option there are now)

I have three GoPros and a ton of snowboarding footage from years past.

I would like to get an software that is beginner friendly and allows me to incorporate both my hero 5 black footage as well as my mavic footage from future trips ..

I have watched a dozen or so software tutorials to get a feel for which software would be the best fit for me and i am leaning towards PD15 but wanted to get some feedback from the forum.

I have only tried Final Cut X pro once (last night; downloaded the trial) and so far it seems a little bit more advanced for me at this time (my drone arrived Thursday so this is all new)

Any advice appreciated!

I recall years ago repeatedly trying various versions of PD, and each time was blown away they still hadn't made it work with 24fps material, and eventually gave up on it.

I use very old school virtualdub/avisynth because its what I'm good at, but for commercial software I was always partial to Edius.

Did you try the DJI editor built into the GO app? There are so many options for editing software. Premiere, Resolve, hell even Blender has an NLE in it now.

I recall years ago repeatedly trying various versions of PD, and each time was blown away they still hadn't made it work with 24fps material, and eventually gave up on it.

I use very old school virtualdub/avisynth because its what I'm good at, but for commercial software I was always partial to Edius.

Did you try the DJI editor built into the GO app? There are so many options for editing software. Premiere, Resolve, **** even Blender has an NLE in it now.

I have not tried the built in editor.

Thx for the feedback .... wasn't aware that PD had issues with 24fps

Might I suggest Magix Movie Edit Pro?

I don't do this full time, so I have to re-learn things every time I pick it up. MEP is easy to learn, and there's millions of helpful YT clips out there to teach you new things, or remind you of old. ;)

Reactions: PalmettoAerial
If you have indeed tried FCPX then you must have a Mac. You won't be able to run Powerdirector as it's Windows only as is Vegas and many others

Reactions: PalmettoAerial
Might I suggest Magix Movie Edit Pro?

I don't do this full time, so I have to re-learn things every time I pick it up. MEP is easy to learn, and there's millions of helpful YT clips out there to teach you new things, or remind you of old. ;)

Thanks. I'll look into it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242