DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Zoom Power plant in Kyiv, Ukraine

Very cool, I'm surprised you can get that close! Does your drone glow in the dark now or anything??

Interesting video. A little bit long for me considering it's just a power plant but great flying. I'm not sure if we're allowed to fly over power plants in the USA since they're worried here about terrorists targeting them.

Reactions: Richy mini
There's a nuclear power plant near me, no fly zone. Do you know what the two white towers are? They looked like cooling towers we have here to cool the water from a nuclear reactor before it's dumped into the ocean. However, I don't see a reactor and the red smoke stack seems to indicate it's a combustion plant, not nuclear.

Last edited:
Reactions: jonzinho
There's a nuclear power plant near me, no fly zone. Do you know what the two white towers are? They looked like cooling towers we have here to cool the water from a nuclear reactor before it's dumped into the ocean. However, I don't see a reactor and the red smoke stack seems to indicate it's a combustion plant, not nuclear.

I'm sure they are cooling towers in the video.

That "smoke stack" certainly doesn't indicate it's a coal-fired power plant. For example, here's a well-known nuclear facility where there are several of them. They are not smoke stacks, but vents for gasses that potentially could carry minute radioactivity, especially during emergencies. The stacks are used to release them well away from direct contact with humans - dilute it with the atmosphere well above. Like they say, the solution to pollution is dilution.

It's Chernobyl. It was cooled from a pond fed by the nearby Pripyat River. There were some fantastically large cooling towers under construction nearby, of the traditional kind, but they were never finished.

1610681685063.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair