Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

POWER

boybehindacamera

Reactions
Ok..
Transmission power.
OcuSync to be precise.

Would somebody please confirm; if the mini2 AND pro both use OcuSync, does this mean both products would have the same range, just different technical capabilities (battery/camera/speed/features etc)?

The Mini 2 uses OcuSync 2.0. You can compare the specs side by side here.

Thanks. What I mean is, if I was to take off a pro and mini 2 from where I am - is their signal and range EXACTLY the same?

What would we do without you M. Wealth of information at your fingertips!!

Thanks. What I mean is, if I was to take off a pro and mini 2 from where I am - is their signal and range EXACTLY the same?
Assuming that you are flying in calm conditions, the range should be about the same. If there is wind involved, you’ll likely get farther range with the Pro due to its weight. They both use ocusync 2.0.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
In the link msinger gave it says Max Transmission Distance 10 km for the Mini 2 & 15 for the Pro, unless I looked at it wrong
Where did you see 15 km mate?

Which confuses. If OcuSync is OcuSync, why the range difference?
The are using the same Occusync 2.0 for both.

I believe the info on that page is not accurate. Both Pro2 and Mini 2 are having the same 10 KM (6.2 mi) range and Pro 2 in the link only shows 8 km. This was updated in the summer but the table only shows 8 km (4.9 mi).

As reference below this is the firmware update that increased the range.
1606334935939.png

If OcuSync is OcuSync, why the range difference?
By "Pro", did you mean the "Mavic Pro"? That's what I was assuming. If so, the Mavic Pro uses OcuSync (1.0). So, there is indeed a big difference.

Occusync refers to the protocol used to encode the data, and management of channels used in the radio bands. OS does not dictate the the technology/specs of the radio hardware. That's why power is reduced in some countries to comply with their radio rules.

And yeah, the antenna design does affect the distance. Different antenna designs provide different efficiencies as well as the concentration or dissipation of the transmission.

Ok..
Transmission power.
OcuSync to be precise.

Would somebody please confirm; if the mini2 AND pro both use OcuSync, does this mean both products would have the same range, just different technical capabilities (battery/camera/speed/features etc)?
There are multiple "Pro" DJI drones, including the P3P, P4P, MP, and M2P.
Since you didn't specify which "Pro" model you were comparing the Mini 2 to, no one can give you a dispositive answer to your question. There are also multiple OcuSyncs, OcuSync and OcuSync 2.0 which are also equally conflated in your question.

Reactions: Tony McDrone
Sorry I’ll be specific.

This comes from the mini 1 using WiFi and being unreliable and unexpansive. The drop outs at low distances and lack of urban flying haunted me.

So the question is; simply, the Mavic pro 2 and the mini 2 share the same tech in their OcuSync. Does this mean, I can expect the same level of connection on these drones?

Last edited:
It’s not about total distance away but being able to move in a space with confidence and the signal to do so

Seems recreation flying must be different from commercial... I would have to hire a lot of people to keep one of my drones in visual sight traveling that distance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll