DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PowerExtra™ replacement Mavic Pro batteries...first impression...

Donnie Frank

Reactions
Hey doods;

So after doing some Internet research and listening to the advice of the collective, I decided to purchase a PowerExtra™ replacement battery for my Mavic Pro. Because a very good, comprehensive review has already done by Drone Valley, I have decided to forgo a full-on review and just share my first impressions. Full review is here:

I found my PowerExtra battery on eBay for $57.99 with free shipping. Because I don't pay tax on my eBay items, this was a savings of at least $50.00, as the DJI battery is $105 before taxes and shipping. That is a significant savings. But like most of you, I'm not interested in saving money if the product isn't a good one. Because Drone Valley fully endorsed this battery, I didn't feel I was taking any risk purchasing it.

First thing users will notice is the "first class" packaging that one doesn't see with cheap imitations. The battery arrived in a Li-Po Safe Bag enclosed in a very sturdy cardboard box. There is also a "Thank you" note along with User Manual:

1575301267466.png

The second thing you will notice is that the battery IS slightly different from its OEM counterpart. Pictures are worth a thousand words, so here ya go:

1575301353502.png

1575301384297.png

Both batteries are @ about 80% charge. You'll notice that the PowerExtra progressive LED charge indicator isn't quite as obvious as the OEM battery.
1575301416083.png

I have flown a couple test flights and the battery performs well. I did notice that the PowerExtra battery doesn't quite fit as perfectly as the OEM, but that's nitpicking. It snaps into the Mavic Pro positively, which leaves the pilot with a sense of confidence.

I predict that PowerExtra™ will eventually fill the huge Inspire 1 battery market gap. So I'm not rushing out any time soon to buy used Inspire 1 batteries.

D

Reactions: Smalls and Caleb R.
I have been using Power batteries for 6 months without issue till last week. It was 35 degrees and when the MP landed and was shut down , the battery continued to blink. I should contact Power to see what gives?

Hey doods;

So after doing some Internet research and listening to the advice of the collective, I decided to purchase a PowerExtra™ replacement battery for my Mavic Pro. Because a very good, comprehensive review has already done by Drone Valley, I have decided to forgo a full-on review and just share my first impressions. Full review is here:

I found my PowerExtra battery on eBay for $57.99 with free shipping. Because I don't pay tax on my eBay items, this was a savings of at least $50.00, as the DJI battery is $105 before taxes and shipping. That is a significant savings. But like most of you, I'm not interested in saving money if the product isn't a good one. Because Drone Valley fully endorsed this battery, I didn't feel I was taking any risk purchasing it.

First thing users will notice is the "first class" packaging that one doesn't see with cheap imitations. The battery arrived in a Li-Po Safe Bag enclosed in a very sturdy cardboard box. There is also a "Thank you" note along with User Manual:

View attachment 87111

The second thing you will notice is that the battery IS slightly different from its OEM counterpart. Pictures are worth a thousand words, so here ya go:

View attachment 87112

View attachment 87113

Both batteries are @ about 80% charge. You'll notice that the PowerExtra progressive LED charge indicator isn't quite as obvious as the OEM battery.
View attachment 87114

I have flown a couple test flights and the battery performs well. I did notice that the PowerExtra battery doesn't quite fit as perfectly as the OEM, but that's nitpicking. It snaps into the Mavic Pro positively, which leaves the pilot with a sense of confidence.

I predict that PowerExtra™ will eventually fill the huge Inspire 1 battery market gap. So I'm not rushing out any time soon to buy used Inspire 1 batteries.

D
Any idea if these are compatible with the Mavic Pro 2?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo