Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Powerful mapping with firmware upgrade

RCdancer

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.dronesar.info
After upgrading the firmware to the latest version on the M2ED, I see there is improved, powerful mapping capability. As an example, mapping a 10 acre plot literally took seconds in the software on the Smart Controller .... and it automatically calculated 34 waypoints for a total area of 78,864 sq m, and would take 571 photos over 22 mins 20 secs, flying a total distance of 5396 meters. Sweet. I'm gonna wait to fly it in the winter when the foliage is off the trees (the area is heavily forested) and you can see the ground.

I really like using the Smart Controller with the M2ED and M2Z.

Reactions: Rvrrat14
After upgrading the firmware to the latest version on the M2ED, I see there is improved, powerful mapping capability. As an example, mapping a 10 acre plot literally took seconds in the software on the Smart Controller .... and it automatically calculated 34 waypoints for a total area of 78,864 sq m, and would take 571 photos over 22 mins 20 secs, flying a total distance of 5396 meters. Sweet. I'm gonna wait to fly it in the winter when the foliage is off the trees (the area is heavily forested) and you can see the ground.

I really like using the Smart Controller with the M2ED and M2Z.
Hi RCdancer, which software do you use for mapping with the Smart Controller?

Software that is built into the DJI Pilot app used to fly the M2ED (it does not use DJI Go4). You can quickly map an area, no matter the size or shape, or use waypoints to define the flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+