DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Practical Use for My Drone

CorralesDan

Reactions
Like my 76-year-old body, our 18-year-old house needs some maintenance. When we bought our house 18 years ago, the common roofing material for our flat roof Southwestern style house was tar and gravel. Since then, better roofing systems are now available. So, this week we had a roofing company come and replace our old, tar and gravel roof with some of the new material. It's a big job for the workers because they have to scrape all the gravel off first, then break up and remove the tar coating. Fortunately, the weather was good. It's nice to have my Air 2S drone for the practical use of documenting the work and the results. One improvement is the almost white roof should help during the summer instead of the dark gray of the old roof.

I'm sure they can't do work like that come June, July and August since it would be WAY too hot. Nice house. You have horses?

I'm sure they can't do work like that come June, July and August since it would be WAY too hot. Nice house. You have horses?
Dave, we ride horses for 25 years and owned two horses for 13 years. That's why we have such an open space and a stable. However, one died a few years ago and, because of our age, we weren't riding the other. We found him a good home with a younger person who is able to ride him. Thanks for asking.

I ended up getting my roof replaced because of my Mavic Air 2S. I always do my first test flights in my back yard, and it was shots of my roof that made me realize how bad my roof was (there were apparently no leaks.) We really lucked out, as it was the original roof from 1979, six years before we moved in. I never thought of actually documenting the repair, though. I'm getting my deck/gazebo fixed this year and can get some progress shots from a variety of angles.

Like the setting you live in CorralesDan and clean lines of the house.
I presume the company pumped the new material onto the roof?

Like the setting you live in CorralesDan and clean lines of the house.
I presume the company pumped the new material onto the roof?
Thanks for the kind words. Actually, the material was in 5 gallon cans and the guys had a rig that allowed them to haul each one up so they didn't have to carry it up on a ladder.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madkiwi