DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Practise advisable for Novice fliers.

Dmanoak

Reactions
I have read many of the comments on this forum and noticed that frequently many new users have issues with auto controls, many seem not to understand the various settings and variables (granted the manual is not the best but the info is in there). May i humble suggest that before a first time flyer starts getting into the air he/she learn to fly a rough drone first. Get a cheap <$50 small drone with no auto hover. Practise in a contained area like an empty gym, get some hours in. Beat it up. Buy lots of propellers. Learn to hover the hard way, fly towards yourself until you can get the muscle memory for reverse control. If you can fly a little one around a gym and land on a small plate your increased confidence level will keep you from freaking out in adverse conditions.
My last comment. I like this forum but... some of the posts are rude. If you are a pro flier, dont condescend or mock the ones who need help the most. This is suppoes to be fun. Thank you all for your interesting and insightful comments

I have read many of the comments on this forum and noticed that frequently many new users have issues with auto controls, many seem not to understand the various settings and variables (granted the manual is not the best but the info is in there). May i humble suggest that before a first time flyer starts getting into the air he/she learn to fly a rough drone first. Get a cheap <$50 small drone with no auto hover. Practise in a contained area like an empty gym, get some hours in. Beat it up. Buy lots of propellers. Learn to hover the hard way, fly towards yourself until you can get the muscle memory for reverse control. If you can fly a little one around a gym and land on a small plate your increased confidence level will keep you from freaking out in adverse conditions.
My last comment. I like this forum but... some of the posts are rude. If you are a pro flier, dont condescend or mock the ones who need help the most. This is suppoes to be fun. Thank you all for your interesting and insightful comments
Howdy from Wyoming @Dmanoak , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. I apologize for the tone of some of the comments; we try to keep an eye on them.

Reactions: wytnyt and alban404
welcome and i agree a trainer drone is the way to go however by the time you buy a trainer and extra batterys because of low flight time,you've spent nearly $100 so i decided to skip that and spend 75 more and get a phantom 3s,full size way better battery length and gives the opportunity to learn atti mode.in fact im still enjoying its full size flying it offers.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98