DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-flight inspection of propellors? Propellor Longevity?

Wombat55

Reactions
Got a spare pair of propellors with the Mavic and got two more pairs with a 2-battery accessory pack. Now having all these spare propellors got me wondering: How long are these Mavic propellors expected to last under normal use, and should I be looking to occasionally replace the propellors as a part of routine, preventative maintenance? Obviously, it would be bad news to have a $1000 drone fall from the sky because I was reluctant to replace the $5 propellors on it.

I know that the Mavic is new so there probably isn't much actual data on the durability and long-term reliability of these Mavic propellors, but anyone have any ideas on a replacement or inspection schedule for the propellors? Or are these propellors effectively good for the lifetime of the Mavic under normal use? ("Normal use" meaning that the propellors aren't ever damaged by running into or nicking anything.)

One thing that is different about these Mavic propellors as opposed to conventional propellors is, of course, that they are hinged to fold up. Any ideas about the likelihood of that hinge being a source of propellor failures after long time use?

Be glad you have them, you never know when you'll bump into something and be grounded if you didn't have a spare. They don't wear out under normal use, but some of the most experienced drone pilots have need for a spare from time to time.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: Wombat55
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacPilot55