DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre Program Flight Route On Computer?

caleb1

Reactions
Anyone know of a way to pre-program a flight route for the Mavic Pro without needing to fly it first, like on a computer, and then be able to upload it to the phone and fly it using DJI Go 4? I am sure that Litchi can do this, but I do not want to re-learn another app.

Thanks.

Litchi will have you doing simple flight routes in minutes, until go4 gets waypoints it’s the way to go. Complex waypoints are just down to confidence and experience. Plenty you tube tutorials to get you started. Honestly, I flew basic litchi flights as soon as I downloaded, and you can get an account and flight planning before purchase if I remember correctly.

Reactions: caleb1
There is not much to 're-learn' with Litchi. It's interface is very similar to Go4, and many of us use it exclusively for regular FPV flight as well, because it works so much better. There's also not anything better for pre-progamming of autonomous flights. The ability to virtually fly your missions with Namirda's 'virtual litchi mission' is a huge plus as well. You can use both Namirda's software along with the Litchi Mission hub for free.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

In other words, there is no way to pre-program a flight plan into DJI Go 4 without needing to fly the route first?

I might look into litchi, but right now my savings are going to go to a Mavic 2 Pro. :)

Anyone know of a way to pre-program a flight route for the Mavic Pro without needing to fly it first, like on a computer, and then be able to upload it to the phone and fly it using DJI Go 4? I am sure that Litchi can do this, but I do not want to re-learn another app.

Thanks.
Another advantage of Litchi Mission Hub is that the drone will follow the pre-programmed flight even when out of range of your controller. In this way you can program the last waypoint to be back within range so you can bring it home or just set it to RTH automatically. Of course it’s slwsys a good idea to review the land and air scape your going to be flying before setting the course.

Virtual Litchi is amazing for flying your Litchi mission on Google Earth Pro to assess your settings for elevation, but it is not reliable for every feature so care should be exercised. Virtual Litchi is also not so good for assessing your gimbal setttings for the interpolate mode.

Virtual Litchi gives the comfort of knowing that it will follow a route based upon satellites rather than signal and yet you can always hit RTH or override velocity.

It isn’t perfect, but it’s the best thing out there.

Looks interesting. The description does not seem perfectly clear, but from what I understand you create flightplans in that app (or on the webpage) and then it can be imported to DJI Go 4 mod? I will download the DJI Go 4 mod and try this out. Thanks a lot for sharing this.
Yes you import the mission then it should be in your saved flights in the GO 4 app

Reactions: aslondon and caleb1
I designed a 26-waypoint mission for my Mavic Pro using Litchi's Mission Hub on my PC laptop (see image below). I flew the mission with the Litchi app on my iPhone 6. It went very well - BUT BE SURE TO FIGURE YOUR ALTITUDE FROM YOUR HOME POINT!! I did not, and I was VERY lucky indeed, as you can see in this video of the mission:

jess_Litchi_mission.png

I might need to invest in Litchi. Sounds very powerful.

The real power is in the Mission Hub website:
Mission Hub - Litchi

The Litchi app (for your mobile device) does the work that your pre-designed mission lays out for it. In order to transfer the mission from your computer to your mobile device, you'll need something like Dropbox. If you save the mission that you've designed - give it a name - then put it in Dropbox, if will automatically go to any devices that are sync-ed to Dropbox. Then just go to "Waypoints" in the Lichi app on your device and open the pre-designed mission. Good luck!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S