DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Precautions of new battery

Khurrum

Reactions
Hi all,
Yesteryear I bought fly more combo kit for my M2Z.

Seller told me to update batteries firmware which I've done successfully.

Secondly, he asked to use new batteries only up to 50% for first 10 flights. After 10 flights, flight can be done to 20%. He said in this way batteries life will be prolonged and backup will be good.

I bought the kit to use in a project on urgent basis, but I can only use batteries up to 50% then recharge again.

Are you all following this practice??
Please guide?
Thanks

It was yesterday and not Yesteryear.. Mistakenly written..

Please guide in this regard...

It was yesterday and not Yesteryear.. Mistakenly written..

Please guide in this regard...
there should be no issues because of the intelligent part of the batteries you will find that they will be fine set you first battery warning to 30% and aim to be on the ground by 25% then after they have cooled down you should be ready to go and charge them again i think it is more to do with either over charging them or letting them get to low which could happen in standard lipos,i am sure if i am wrong then others will correct me

there should be no issues because of the intelligent part of the batteries you will find that they will be fine set you first battery warning to 30% and aim to be on the ground by 25% then after they have cooled down you should be ready to go and charge them again i think it is more to do with either over charging them or letting them get to low which could happen in standard lipos,i am sure if i am wrong then others will correct me
Thanks

I run mine to wherever but I think the key is long-term storage needs to be at around 50%. Don’t store them fully charged or empty long-term.

Reactions: Khurrum
I've heard the 50% story... I don't know if it has any merit. I'd need to see the results of an actual study to be sure.

I've never bothered with my batteries. I've always had the low warning at 25%. The only thing I do is wait until a battery has cooled off before I put it on charge again.

I've heard the 50% story... I don't know if it has any merit. I'd need to see the results of an actual study to be sure.

I've never bothered with my batteries. I've always had the low warning at 25%. The only thing I do is wait until a battery has cooled off before I put it on charge again.
Thanks.
I've tried to find in the manual, but nothing in it, regarding 50%.

Anyways, Thanks for your reply.

Reactions: KB9Radio
Main thing is keeping them cool (room temperature) as much as possible.
If you need to have them in higher temps for prolonged periods, keep them below 100% SoC.

They ship from the factory at 25%, or at least that's the SoC the ones I just bought were at, with production date 2019-7 so these were 1 to 2 months on the shelf.

I haven't been this kind to my P3 batteries obtained late 2016 and they are still good. Just some diminished capacity.
I had let them self-discharge after default 10 days and sometimes in a hot car.
Granted lately after having bought the M2, I often don't have my P3 with me when I'm transporting my M2.

Reactions: Khurrum
Since we are on the topic of batteries for MP2z. Are the batteries for MP2ED the same as the MP2P/Z. Can they be used in either birds ?

I have 3 batteries with 710 flights and 210 hours spread evenly across the 3. I have never given any special considerations or treatment to the batteries. I keep them fully charged and fly them down to lowest setting RTH which lands at 15% . My flight time with new batteries was 24 minutes. My current flight time is down to 21 minutes on all 3. I have never had any battery problems and they have been perfectly consistent. Just sharing my battery info.

I have 3 batteries with 710 flights and 210 hours spread evenly across the 3. I have never given any special considerations or treatment to the batteries. I keep them fully charged and fly them down to lowest setting RTH which lands at 15% . My flight time with new batteries was 24 minutes. My current flight time is down to 21 minutes on all 3. I have never had any battery problems and they have been perfectly consistent. Just sharing my battery info.
Can they be switched out between enterprise dual. and Mavic pro 2? I’m thinking of purchasing the enterprise dual and want to know if that works, batteries from different birds ?

Can they be switched out between enterprise dual. and Mavic pro 2? I’m thinking of purchasing the enterprise dual and want to know if that works, batteries from different birds ?
I'm sorry. I don't know the answer to that question. My guess is no.....but I don't know. When I have looked at batteries for my M2Z I have never seen anything indicating they fit anything other than the M2 series. Again. Sorry. Not sure.

Reactions: Khurrum and Carb63
Really appreciate, sharing your valuable experience

Hi OMM ,

Quick question , can the batteries from the MP2ED be used in the MP2P and vice versa? Planning on purchasing the MP2ED and this would save me some $ if they were interchangeable.
TIA.

Hi OMM ,

Quick question , can the batteries from the MP2ED be used in the MP2P and vice versa? Planning on purchasing the MP2ED and this would save me some $ if they were interchangeable.
TIA.
cant really give you a definitive answer to your question you would need to go on the DJI site and ask them

Reactions: Carb63
Unlike many other cell types LiION chemistry does not exhibit what is ordinarily called memory effect. There is no benefit to fully draining/charging in each cycle to maintain maximum usable capacity. It is also well known from the published white papers on the operation that the Texas Instruments battery management electronics don’t need a full discharge cycle to accurately integrate usable capacity and current SOC in the fuel gauging algorithm.

Charge fully before first use and fly as you ordinarily will. These suggested special precautions seemingly have no basis.

These batteries are lithium polymer and do not hold a memory.
The old story of discharging to 50% and recharge a few times on new batteries came about on old nicad batteries to get them to maintain maximum performance.
Lithium polymer don't need that attention and are sweet to use to full potential right from factory.
The only 3 factors to maintain with LiPo is don't discharge below 10% (DJI auto set in Go4 to 30%) 2, dont leave fully fully charged for to long ie more than a week. (again DJI smart circuit auto discharges to storage charge if left alone) 3, dont charge while hot (again you can't do this with DJI batteries as smart circuit won't allow charging if temp is over limit)
So main thing is dont discharge too low, keep them cool and use them regularly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007