DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Precision Landing Not Always So

ddodell

Reactions
I've noticed lately my precision landings are not so precision. I've recalibrated both IMU and Magnetic. I have precision landing set in options, I enable it with auto take off ... but when I hit the return to home, only about part of the time does it say "precision landing" when aligning for the spot.

Most of the time we're a few feet off.

See video ... suggestions?

Thanks

David

Be sure to check the little box marked Precision Landing on the app,then swipe the button across,and the MP will rise up(Auto Take Off). Mine stops at 19 feet,I then apply more throttle,and climb up to 30 feet. Let it hover over the landing pad for about 10 seconds. It should center punch the landing pad in RTH mode!:) PS. Be sure to set your RTH AGL higher than anything in your area. I set mine @ 200AGL,just for good measure.

Last edited:
I am enabling the little box for Precision landing in the auto take off mode ... is it possible that the closeness of my vehicle is causing interference ( you can see it in the video) .... I'll let it hover a little longer ... maybe I'm moving too fast after after takeoff ?

I am enabling the little box for Precision landing in the auto take off mode ... is it possible that the closeness of my vehicle is causing interference ( you can see it in the video) .... I'll let it hover a little longer ... maybe I'm moving too fast after after takeoff ?
It could! Also 30 feet is the "magic" number for a good lock on the pad. Also check your sensors,and cameras on the bottom of the MP,if they have any dust/dirt/ect. it will mess your landings up.

Ok thanks ... when I use the precision in the auto take-off ... it only seems to be going about 20 feet or so ... I've checked the sensors ... they look clear ... I have had it work. Right after I took the video ... I tried another RTH ... and as it descended, a little pop said "Precision Landing" ... and disappeared ... and it landed within a few inches ... so I know it works ... I'll watch the "hover time and height" a little more carefully next time.

David,I also noticed the curb in your video. Many have "rebar" (steel inside them for strenght) this will also mess up your compass.
I always try to find a grassy spot to take off from.

Ok thanks ... when I use the precision in the auto take-off ... it only seems to be going about 20 feet or so ... I've checked the sensors ... they look clear ... I have had it work. Right after I took the video ... I tried another RTH ... and as it descended, a little pop said "Precision Landing" ... and disappeared ... and it landed within a few inches ... so I know it works ... I'll watch the "hover time and height" a little more carefully next time.
Good Deal!;)

Reactions: Tatanka
David,I also noticed the curb in your video. Many have "rebar" (steel inside them for strenght) this will also mess up your compass.
I always try to find a grassy spot to take off from.

Thanks for the suggestion ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilTone