DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Premiere pro or divinci resolve studio

Andyc240

Reactions
Currently using cyberlink to do my videos but want to expand out a bit more with a more pro set up anyone any feed back on these 2 and I would be using the paid version of resolve as need 4k editing [emoji106]

The way I see it, Premiere Pro + After Effects is an expensive monthly Creative Cloud subscription; whereas Resolve 16 can do most of the things Adobe does for free or at a lesser, one-time cost.

The free version of Resolve 16 can work with and render a 4K timeline without issues. The limitations on the free version are aimed at production studios rather than single-user licenses. Blackmagic makes their money from hardware sales, not resolve; whether it's their cinema cameras or the hardware panels that work with their software.

Here's the blurb from their site:

"The free DaVinci Resolve 16.1 includes all of the same high quality processing as DaVinci Resolve 16.1 Studio and can handle unlimited resolution media files. However it does limit project mastering and output to Ultra HD (4K) resolutions or lower. DaVinci Resolve 16.1 only supports a single processing GPU on Windows and Linux and 2 GPUs on the latest Mac Pro.

If you need features such as support for multiple GPUs, greater than 4K output, motion blur effects, temporal and spatial noise reduction, de-interlacing, HDR tools, camera tracker, multiple Resolve FX, 3D stereoscopic tools, remote rendering, an external database server and collaboration tools that let multiple users work on the same project at the same time, please upgrade to DaVinci Resolve 16.1 Studio."

The way I see it, Premiere Pro + After Effects is an expensive monthly Creative Cloud subscription; whereas Resolve 16 can do most of the things Adobe does for free or at a lesser, one-time cost.

The free version of Resolve 16 can work with and render a 4K timeline without issues. The limitations on the free version are aimed at production studios rather than single-user licenses. Blackmagic makes their money from hardware sales, not resolve; whether it's their cinema cameras or the hardware panels that work with their software.

Here's the blurb from their site:
Cheers buddy will have a check to see what's easier to use or pick up, the thing I like about cyberlink is its simplicity to use so will pick up a copy of each to trail and see what suits me better [emoji106]

I would suggest trying Adobe's stuff first, then DaVinci Resolve. The latter is FREE and probably does most of what you want, so it's like an infinite trial.

Reactions: Andyc240
DaVinci Resolve for me too.

Initially it was purely due to the fact it the basic version is free, I eventually upgraded to the Studio version for the full functionality. Its a steep learning curve but there are plenty of good instructional videos on YouTube.

Reactions: Andyc240 and PAW
I used Premiere Pro for years and switched to Davinci this year. It was difficult learning new software but I am glad I did. Ended up buying the Studio version. It has everything I need for editing and of course color grading.

Reactions: Andyc240 and torsen
Anyone have any really good links on how to use daVinci?

I learnt how to use it on YouTube loads of good instructional videos

I use premier pro, and will until my yearly subscription is up. Been using it for about 8 years now. I had a lapse where I tried to use Davinici, but I just couldn't get a good feel for it. Premier Pro and After Effects gives you all the tools the pro's use.

Cheers thanks for the replies now its just the learning curve to and YouTube videos to figure out how to use them lol

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU